INFINITY & MILLENIMU / ITINERARY SWITCH

brandylane5102

Hi "yannisusa" & "holly2" - The Announcement Will Come Out In Due Time About The Switch In The Itinerary - - Most Likely For The Period Starting Dec. 24 , As Both Ships Will Be In Ft. Lauderdale At That Time. "holly2" , You Will Love Being On The Infinity On Your

Caribbean Cruise . Great Ship & Crew .

Last year on Infinity they did not have the Cirque De Soliel Bar on the Edge of the world. So between that, the sports bar and the different specialty restaurant .. that's why i'd prefer to stay on the Millie. Shoot me, I'm spoiled!

we are on the panama canal cruise on April 2,2005 and I read somewhere that Infinity will still be doing this cruise. I don't really care what ship we are on for I have not sailed on either ship but it would be nice to know which ship we will be going on.

Does this affect the Infinity Hawaii R/T sailing on 11/20/05?

The switch is still a rumor, not a fact. From what I have read, "if" it does happen, it should not affect your 11/20/05 sailing.

sue

"hmg" Thanks For The Confirmation . Now We Have The Crews From Both Ships Telling Us That Their Itineraries Will Be Changed Over The Winter . All Were Waiting For Now Is The Official Word From Celebrity And Then Everything Will Be Finally - - Official .

By The Way , Both The Infinity & Milleinium Do Not Have Cirque Du Soleil - But They Both Have Great Alternative Dining.

Hi there mate, its Ian from Infinity :)

I have been loooking out for you on msn, as I have both your addresses added, but have not seen you online at all.

Hope to chat on there soon

Ian

"hmg" Thanks For The Confirmation . Now We Have The Crews From Both Ships Telling Us That Their Itineraries Will Be Changed Over The Winter . All Were Waiting For Now Is The Official Word From Celebrity And Then Everything Will Be Finally - - Official .

By The Way , Both The Infinity & Milleinium Do Not Have Cirque Du Soleil - But They Both Have Great Alternative Dining.

Hi brandy,,,hope this is true,,,guess I will get on the phone to my TA and start getting something for Jan.......:)

My TA insisted that if there were to be a switch, she would have been notified by now. Isn't there some acceptable time frame governing these announcements?

We are booked on the Jan 2 Millenium so we would be one of the first on new ship itinerary if it occurs.

If the decision has been made, why not announce it?

If true--then this indicates that both Connie (with changed ports also ) & Infinity are each having pod problem. Wondering when Summit last had hers as we are booked on Summit for March to hawaii---hope pod problems do not mess things up Isn't there a permanent fix to this problem or is it a permanent design flaw?

hcat-

Our Summit 6/3/05 sailing to Alaska was cancelled due to pod problems. They put her in dry dock (we heard in Victoria BC) to repair it. All fixes are temporary - the problem has not been resolved. But I don't have any idea how often they've had to cancel a cruise for repairs.

Good luck with your cruise!

Hi "holly 2" - While Your Ship Will Change , The Itinerary Will Not. As You Will Be On The Exact Same Class Of Ship And In The Exact Same Type Of Cabin With The Identical Room Number - Everything Will Be The Same , Except For One Thing - The Name On The Ship. Your "ta" Should Not Be Surprised That He Has Not Heard , As He Will Hear When Everyone Else Does. You Will Have An Incredible Cruise.

I would imagine that an announcement would be forthcoming about the time that Millennium leaves dry dock in November. The fact that Infinity is going into dry dock in April leaves me to believe that Celebrity does not want pod problems with the Infinity at one of the ends of the earth, ie South America.

You'll note below that I have bought the rumor. Now we wait to hear so we can adjust our roll calls accordingly, should it become necessary.

I called Celebrity, Captain's Club, and my TA. None of them have any information with regards to this rumour. It would seem to me that this is false. It would be a classic example of bait and switch if they are considering this switch several months out to not inform their passengers of said fact before final payment is due.

Yes the ships may be the same class, and the cabins may be the same, but each ship has its personality and part of the reason we booked the Mille was because it will have just come out of dry dock six weeks before our cruise.

Keep in mind that this whole topic is pure speculation with NO proof that any of this is in the works or being considered by Celebrity. None of it is based on reliable information... just, "I heard from a friend of a friend that someone said maybe....". Brandylane, I wish you'd stop acting like you know something you don't.

Enough already.

Archived