Having trouble finding detailed information about land tours

Hi Mr. Sadler,
We are booked on the Sydney-Auckland cruise in January 2014. We have arranged to be in Sydney several days before our three day pre-cruise package and are trying to determine how best to use our time. Phone calls to RSS have not been productive in determining what our pre-cruise land tours would actually consist of. We don't want to repeat sightseeing on our first two days, if those sights will be included on our package. But they can't tell us exactly what our Promo-Pre-Sydney and Beyond package tour will include. Can you help us?
Thank you,
Margaret Wunschl

Here is a more detailed description: ([URL="http://www.rssc.com/cruises/VOY140107/land-hotel/pre/day-1/LSYDL08/default.aspx#Other"]http://www.rssc.com/cruises/VOY140107/land-hotel/pre/day-1/LSYDL08/default.aspx#Other[/URL])

Thanks to both of you - I do have that information but was hoping for more detail than is offered on the Regent SS site. "Tour of northern beaches and Sydney sights" is so general, we want to avoid repeating on the days prior. I realize it may not be possible to get this information in advance, but it would be nice.

Do not think you will receive anything more specific than what is on the website. We will be doing a post-cruise for 3 nights in Sydney and have similar information (the cruise before yours). We have also gone on a pre-cruise to Agra and had a similar outline. Perhaps the tour companies do not provide detailed information to Regent.

What we did was Google "Hunter Valley Tour" and learned that it was in the wine region and included wine tasting (which is what we selected). The Blue Mountain Tour, if I recall correctly, is a train ride. We have been to Sydney twice previously and have done the train. Since you will do a Sydney Harbor tour, you don't need to look into that. If you check out the information for these areas, it may be easier to decide what you will do that will not be the same as with Regent.

Hope this helps!

Yes, Travelcat, I think you may be right that the tour companies do not provide a more detailed outline. I appreciate your input - thank you. I hope you give us a trip report on your return. I would be very interested to read it! This is our first Regent cruise and our first trip to that area.