Neptune Suite for $160/pp

oldbluff

My DW and I have always wanted to experience the huge stateroom and fun perks of a Neptune, aka Deluxe Verandah, Suite. Cost has always kept that from happening.

We just booked a couple of SC guarantees for us and my sister and her husband for the 5 night repositioning cruise for the Westerdam next Fall. Departs Vancouver 9-28-14 and arrives San Diego 10-03-14. $799 per person. There are also Signature, aka Superior, Suites available at $599.

Yes it is only 5 nights instead of 7 but the 7 night equivalent price is $1120, which I challenge you to ever find affixed to a Neptune Suite. Unless you book just before it sails, of course. The Vancouver departure can be made more reasonable by flying into Seattle and taking Amtrak to Vancouver.

If you decide to come along for the ride, be sure to participate in the CC forum for that sailing. I'm confident we'll have a lively group. Here is the HAL link to that sailling:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?destCode=L&voyageCode=W477

Enjoy your suite! We sailed on the Westerdam from Vancouver to San Diego (six nights) this past September, and the ship wasn't full. Inside/oceanview people on our roll call kept getting offers to upgrade to balconies. However, the suites were totally sold out :)

We have done several Coastal cruises (5-6 nights) and for the most part enjoyed them. The prices are very good and usually not much more than the smaller cabins, so thats why they sell out quickly.

I will note that these sailings are generally not up to the same service levels as you get on the longer (7 days or more) sailings. Last month our 5 nighter did not include a welcome aboard cocktail party the first (or any other) night that we have come to expect. Nor did we have a suite luncheon or Captains VIP party.

Plus, I feel that the overall service level is not the same - the crew seem to be "off" a bit on these cruises. Perhaps it is due to not having the normal routine?

While this is a good way to "sample" the suite life, please keep in mind that it is not quite the same.