Morning Room Service

SMS

This will be my first time sailing on Carnival. On other cruise lines, when you fill out the card for morning room service, they would call you about 15 minutes prior and say "are you ready?" This was great because it served as a wake up call in case we were not up yet and gave us a few minutes to get ourselves together before opening the door. Does Carnival call you before delivering or do they just show up at the time requested?

Thanks!

I typlically don't do room service. The menu is small and there are no hot options. You can get coffee. I've never heard of them calling ahead of time to see if your ready. Perhaps someone has a link to the room service menu. Have a great cruise. :)

This will be my first time sailing on Carnival. On other cruise lines, when you fill out the card for morning room service, they would call you about 15 minutes prior and say "are you ready?" This was great because it served as a wake up call in case we were not up yet and gave us a few minutes to get ourselves together before opening the door. Does Carnival call you before delivering or do they just show up at the time requested?

Thanks!

They show up at the time requested. No call before. You can always set up a wake up call through your room's phone or your alarm on your cell phone if you want to be awake prior to their arrival.

No, afraid they don't call ahead. But they have always been on time within that 15-minute window. We always set our alarm on our phones so that we would hear them, they don't knock very loudly (so not to disturb other passengers). They will bring the tray in and set it down also if you allow, we usually give $2/tip per tray, it's definitely worth it!

It's really not a bad way to start your morning even though there are no hot items. We really enjoyed sitting out on the balcony drinking coffee, eating bagels and cream cheese, fruit, yogurt, etc. If you need some protein, there is even salmon to choose from.

Later, we did the breakfast buffet or MDR when we were ready to venture out.

It's really not a bad way to start your morning even though there are no hot items. We really enjoyed sitting out on the balcony drinking coffee, eating bagels and cream cheese, fruit, yogurt, etc. If you need some protein, there is even salmon to choose from.

We like to do breakfast this way too:)

This is what we do every morning as well! One of my favorite things is drinking my morning coffee and danish on the balcony;)

When my hubby and I were on our last cruise, we ordered room service breakfast every morning. Its so easy to just fill out the card and the next morning-they are there with your food. Plus we had it down to a system...we could sleep in a little longer, get up for the trays, one would shower while the other ate breakfast and then switch. It worked beautifully. It is definitely easier, especially if you have early excursions to go on.

Love ordering room service!

We like to do breakfast this way too:)

That is exactly how we do it....a little coffee and a few items while we get ready and either go to breakfast or brunch in the MDR.

I always put the tip out the night before on the dresser so I can find it stumbling awake in the morning! On my last cruise they were within about 15 or 20 minutes. On the Elation it was like they were standing out on the room and waiting for the exact time to knock..lol...they were always 7am on the nose.

Thanks so much everyone!

Not looking for a hot/big breakfast. I just don't function in the morning without coffee. I like to have coffee delivered and sit out on the balcony with it. We're leaving Saturday, so I needed to know if I should set the alarm on Sunday as not to scare the the room service guy with my bed hair. ;)

After 3 cruises we have a nice breakfast plan in our family ( myself, wife and dd of 8). I get up between 5 &6 AM and wander ship, sit and read with coffee, and at times a bagel with cream cheese when available.

At about 7 AM I head to the buffet, fill up a tray with my girls favorites and deliver the hot breakfast to the room. They eat and prepare for the day. On some port days we get off early as possible and head to breakfast in Port.

3 cruises, have yet to use room service

One of our favorite things is to wake up to coffee and pastries being delivered. They knock, do not call. I seem to remember that RCCL called first, but sometimes after I had gotten it.

You can also write in specifications like for a whole apple, and they will send it. I doubt they would do a whole hot breakfast, but simple cold items they would.

Seems like I also have requested gluten free bread and peanut butter.

order coffee by the caraft that way you will have refills.

I go grab an omlette to enjoy on the balcony, while DH is drinking his coffee

Just to add we always order 2 pots in the morning...never a problem.