Belize Taxi

VivianK

You may want to contact one of the excursion vendors, like Coral Breeze or Nacho and Cynthia @ ncqadventuretours.com. I'm not sure if Belize taxis set up in advance. One taxi company in Belize City with a pretty decent reputation is Cinderella Taxi, no email but phone number is +501-203-3340 (501 is the country code). As I recall taxi fare from the Cruise Pier to the Airport is around $25. That's only about 3 miles. The Zoo is around 30+ miles away. Taxis don't have meters so you need to confirm the price before getting in.

I would recommend Richard Lord Taxi Service. 664-6279 or richard@belizeprofessionaltourguide.com

We just retd from 9 days in Caye Caulker. We took the water taxi from the cruise pier to CC. Richard approached us while waiting for the water taxi and said when are you returning and I can pick you up to take you to the airport. He offered us a discounted fareof $20 instead of $25. I gave him the date/time of our return knowing there was a 50/50 chance he would not be there upon our return. I had no worries, though, as I could have easily gotten another cab if necessary.

Sure enough our water taxi landed and there he was holding a sign with our name. The weather had been iffy that day so he even came to the earlier water taxi arrival just in case we changed our plans and came early to avoid bad weather.

When it came time to collect our bags from all the others he jumped right in and made sure the porters grabbed our's first. Along the entire route to the airport he gave us a narrated "tour/history" of his island.

He also provides transport to a variety of activities in/near Belize City and the zoo was one of them. I do not recall his prices, but email him and he'll be able to tell you the various tours he offers and prices.

Have fun!