You are awesonme!

slhb

I've asked two questions since joining CC and both have had multiple page answers. I really appreciate it. I'm going to press my luck and ask two more:

1) We are on Liberty of the Seas Holiday cruise leaving 12/30-Jan 4. I pre-booked Portifinos on the 31st. I just found out that is the formal night. Are the meals more extravagant at the MDR that day? Should we switch our reservation to another day? We have Chops on the last day.

2) Question regarding the shower water that the ladies may be better suited to answer. Is the water hard/soft or normal. I'm traveling carry on only and I usually take 2 3oz conditioners and 1 shampoo. I have long hair so I am trying to figure out if more conditioner would be needed with their water. I know wind=tangles.

Thanks!

AACK! I can spell. Just noticed the typo in the headline and it won't allow me to correct it.

Edited by slhb

I think the meals are a bit better on formal nights but I wouldn't say extravagant (although have not been on Liberty yet).

All water on-board is produced from the seas that the ship is traveling in. I would generally say it would be hard water.

I bring my own shampoo and haven't noticed that much differance in the water on board vs at home. We were on the Liberty TA back in Oct 2011 and we feel the food in the evenings was very good, didn't notice to much differance between causal evenings vs Formal perhaps a little more. Overall we had an exceallnt cruise on the LOS, and thought the entertainment was top notch.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I think the meals are a bit better on formal nights but I wouldn't say extravagant (although have not been on Liberty yet).

All water on-board is produced from the seas that the ship is traveling in. I would generally say it would be hard water.

Hard water is one thing I would NOT expect on the ship. Hard water gets hard because there's lots of dissolved minerals in it, which don't pass through evaporative treatments (used by both waste-water treatment and desalination systems).

Meals are fine both places. If you want to be super dressy you can always change your reservations once you get on board and look at the menu. Don't fret about this one.

I've always found the water to be just like our city water too.

we were on the Brilliance last year for the new year- and the NYE meal was quite different. IIRC, none of the items I've noticed on the new menus, and the actual menu was unique. I wonder if I kept the menu....

So it was special.

Better enough to not do Portifinos? tough call. For us, we really like the MDR, so I think I would say there. But we are not you.... Hope this helps, some.

also, quick tip- don't bother buying a bottle of bubbly, assuming you are ok with the decent sparkling wine that the ship gives out. There was A LOT OF IT all over the ship. And most of it was thrown away.

We were fortunate enough to be near a port, so the ship stayed just outside of the bay, and we got to see the fireworks in Phillipsburg St.Maarten. Very memorable.

Have fun!

The water on the ship is extremely SOFT....about 1/4 of the shampoo will lather and lather.....you won't need nearly as much shampoo as at home! It takes quite a while to rinse, so be prepared! I've never needed additional conditioner.....and my hair is long and thick, too!

The water (in most cases) is made from seawater with EVERYTHING taken out, except the actual water.....no minerals or iron....nothing to make it "hard". They actually add back a touch of mineral, to keep it from tasting too flat.

Edited by cb at sea

I agree that the water is VERY soft. We have extremely hard water at home and I can really tell a difference when washing my hair on the ship.....every day is a "bad-hair day" on the ship for me:( ...absolutely no body, just limp hair.:rolleyes: