OCT 20, 2013 Epic TA

djmess

Well, this is going to be a very mini "review"

I completed the Epic's October TA and had a fabulous time! I actually boarded the ship in Rome on Oct 9. Yes, I stayed onboard for a total of 24 days! I was actually in 3 different cabins. I did book it as 3 cruises. It worked out much better financially for me. Moving cabins was NOT a big deal, the cabin stewards assisted in this. I packed my bags and was able to leave all hanging items, Then everything was moved and in my new cabin by the time I returned to the ship from a wonderful day ashore!

I will start out by saying that I feel as if I was on a different cruise then some of my Roll Call participants. I had one minor issue that was taken care of in a very professional manner. Customer Service was absolutely wonderful.

I will say that yes the Epic is beginning to show a little wear and tear. But after 3 years of 24/7 occupancy, what carpet doesn't show a little wear and what furniture doesn't get some nicks. I feel if someone noticed something really bad, whether they think an employee should notice it or not, they should report it. Just my 2 cents.

I thought the service I received in Taste Dining Room (the one we went to the most) and the Specialties we went to were all wonderful! We only did Manhattan room once, no problems, we just did Taste, buffet and Specialty

I have a 10 y/o son so we saw BMG twice. It was great. Now I know this show is for some and not for others. We enjoyed it.

Kids program was wonderful! I will admit I was disappointed that they never had a Slime Time Live Show! At one point there were 300 kids and for the crossing there were 100. In my opinion if you advertise you are a Nickelodean Ship, then you should do the One "bid" Nickelodean show. JMO, didn't make us not love the cruise. This also happened to us on the Jewel when there were only 200 kids in the club.

Nice thing about being on a TA is you get to see 2 different Legends Groups. We liked the group that is staying on for the Caribbean Season the best. Although the girl who portrayed Adele in the first Set was fabulous

Chair hogs were ever present and I have to say I don't remember seeing it this bad ever. Later, when I'm home and not working, I will post a picture of a "great" chair hog technique! I will say unfortunately, even after pointing it out, nothing was done. It was to loungers with a regular chair and little table set on top of them. Towel and backpack. Many people were using the little table on top of loungers as a way to save both.

The hotel director, F&B director and Assistant F&B were all fabulous. I have their names written down and will post those later. Of course the names are not with me as I type and post this.

If you have some questions, I will try to answer.

I will repeat, We absolutely loved our time on the Epic. I've cruised her once a year since 2010, so this was our 4th trip on the Epic. With the new ships coming in, not sure when I will get back to her, but will do so at some time.

Hi

We were also on this cruise and did meet briefly. We also had a fabulous time for the most part and would not hesitate doing this Epic Transatlantic again.

We were so lucky with the weather, it was glorious.

The only small niggle was we did have bad service in Manhattan - had to try it 5 times to give them another chance, but service was slow and the food not really up to parr. That didn't spoil a thing though!

Thanks for organising everything and it was great to see so many at the M&M.

Nice review - thanks

I am booked on the Epic for next Fall. I understand that some cabin stewards can (possibly) obtain a coffee maker for us. Do you know if the coffee maker uses pods or what would I need to bring to make coffee? (I would like to bring my own favourite coffee if possible) Thanks for any information.

Wendy

Well, this is going to be a very mini "review"

I completed the Epic's October TA and had a fabulous time! I actually boarded the ship in Rome on Oct 9. Yes, I stayed onboard for a total of 24 days! I was actually in 3 different cabins. I did book it as 3 cruises. It worked out much better financially for me. Moving cabins was NOT a big deal, the cabin stewards assisted in this. I packed my bags and was able to leave all hanging items, Then everything was moved and in my new cabin by the time I returned to the ship from a wonderful day ashore!

I will start out by saying that I feel as if I was on a different cruise then some of my Roll Call participants. I had one minor issue that was taken care of in a very professional manner. Customer Service was absolutely wonderful.

I will say that yes the Epic is beginning to show a little wear and tear. But after 3 years of 24/7 occupancy, what carpet doesn't show a little wear and what furniture doesn't get some nicks. I feel if someone noticed something really bad, whether they think an employee should notice it or not, they should report it. Just my 2 cents.

I thought the service I received in Taste Dining Room (the one we went to the most) and the Specialties we went to were all wonderful! We only did Manhattan room once, no problems, we just did Taste, buffet and Specialty

I have a 10 y/o son so we saw BMG twice. It was great. Now I know this show is for some and not for others. We enjoyed it.

Kids program was wonderful! I will admit I was disappointed that they never had a Slime Time Live Show! At one point there were 300 kids and for the crossing there were 100. In my opinion if you advertise you are a Nickelodean Ship, then you should do the One "bid" Nickelodean show. JMO, didn't make us not love the cruise. This also happened to us on the Jewel when there were only 200 kids in the club.

Nice thing about being on a TA is you get to see 2 different Legends Groups. We liked the group that is staying on for the Caribbean Season the best. Although the girl who portrayed Adele in the first Set was fabulous

Chair hogs were ever present and I have to say I don't remember seeing it this bad ever. Later, when I'm home and not working, I will post a picture of a "great" chair hog technique! I will say unfortunately, even after pointing it out, nothing was done. It was to loungers with a regular chair and little table set on top of them. Towel and backpack. Many people were using the little table on top of loungers as a way to save both.

The hotel director, F&B director and Assistant F&B were all fabulous. I have their names written down and will post those later. Of course the names are not with me as I type and post this.

If you have some questions, I will try to answer.

I will repeat, We absolutely loved our time on the Epic. I've cruised her once a year since 2010, so this was our 4th trip on the Epic. With the new ships coming in, not sure when I will get back to her, but will do so at some time.

Hey Debbie, welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time, it must have been amazing to do a TA - 24 days!! Sounds lovely!

Jai