Power Strip

Bea3

Microcenter's 14" Flexible LED Light (14" in black) - USB powered, priced @ $3.99 http://www.microcenter.com/product/406704/14_Flexible_USB_Notebook_LED_Light_-_Black

The silver one that I picked up was on sale @ $1.99 only - you can plug it into the Belkin, or your typical USB charger or netbook/laptop's usb port. Twist, bend & direct it as you choose for low level spot lighting - i.e. fumbling out of bed in the middle of the night in a dark cabin.

If you are interested in getting it & don't mind waiting, eBay it from China for much less in 2 to 3 weeks, a great gift for any travelers. It's almost indestructible & easy replaced if lost.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-USB-LED-Flexible-Pocket-Keyboard-Light-For-PC-Notebook-Laptop-Tablets-/400582921933?pt=US_USB_Lights_Gadgets&hash=item5d449a4ecd

One outlet simply isn't enough for charging the digital camera, dvd/camcorder, nook & tablet, smartphone/alarm clock, etc. plus, #cough #cough - night light, IMO - YMMV.

Edited by mking8288

I don't think we have ever plugged anything in on a cruise? Are there not enough outlets in a room? I can see someone wanting a fan, or maybe a type of camera that needs charging? Computer seems silly since they have some to use in the library, so why haul your own and stay in the room? What are people charging or plugging in? I seriously cannot think of one thing my wife and I have ever plugged in on a cruise????

There is usually only one 110 outlet. I bring my laptop with me to download pictures to and we usually get an internet package to keep in touch with our parents at home. I also have a Kindle and two different cameras with batteries to charge and there are three of us so on the last night there are 3 phones to get charged up. One of my cameras has one of those larger plugs that will usually not plug into the plug that is on the desk due to the larger size.

I also use a white noise machine that needs to be plugged in at night and usually have a night light as well so those need to be plugged in at the same time. I use the Belkin one that was posted earlier and it works well.

Edited by Mysticks1

Had a brand new still in package surge protector strip taken on our second cruise after it made it on board just fine for our first cruise. We never used it our first cruise so it was still in package but the not-so-nice lady in Charleston felt the need to take it to never be seen again. I found a led night light with 3 110v plugs and 2 usb ports on clearance for $5 at wal-mart. Worked great last cruise. There were 4 of us in cabin and we had phones being used as cameras, cameras, and a tablet. never had to worry about not having room to charge something and had a nite light too.

I don't think we have ever plugged anything in on a cruise? Are there not enough outlets in a room? I can see someone wanting a fan, or maybe a type of camera that needs charging? Computer seems silly since they have some to use in the library, so why haul your own and stay in the room? What are people charging or plugging in? I seriously cannot think of one thing my wife and I have ever plugged in on a cruise????

Let's see, battery charger for the camera, nooks, tablet that might have information I saved regarding the cruise, excursions, etc., plus the ereader and/or games, and cell phones which we may use for games and/or our watch. I use T-mobile for our cell phone, and they have recently changed their data program so that data usage in countries (while in port) is no additional charge, so this means our cell phones may start getting more use on cruises, too.

You cannot upload photographs or save photographs on the ships computers. Since people bring laptops, there is no reason to stay in the room. Other things to plug in include hand held games, fans, rechargeable camera batteries and cell phones. And some people have more than one of each.

Understand now, we are pretty non-tech 40 year olds. We have a camera, but simple batteries run it and we did not bring it on our last cruise, previous cruise we snapped maybe 6 pix only, so....

White noise machine makes sense, as does cpap, night light for us is leaving the bathroom light on and door ajar.

I prefer my books in paper so no nook/kindle and we don't own cellphones, plus only have a table top computer....so for those in the techno world of lap tops, kindles and cell phones..I now understand :)