Which are good hotels near IAH ?

cgr377

we are flying into IAH march 1st and was looking for pre & post cruise hotel any suggestions or which ones to stay away from?

thank you in advance.

If you're staying up by IAH, most of the hotels on JFK are good. The Sheraton is very nice, as is the Springhill Suites, Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden Inn. There's a new Best Western that I hear is also good. I'd avoid the Ramada. The Holiday Inn just got a renovation, but after spending 6 weeks there for my previous airline job, I'm in no hurry to go back. Also, the Marriott that's connected to the airport terminals is very nice.

Away from JFK, the Houston Marriott North is also a good place. It's up by the Greenspoint area. The downside is that there's not much near it and the neighborhood isn't ideal.

If you're staying up by IAH, most of the hotels on JFK are good. The Sheraton is very nice, as is the Springhill Suites, Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden Inn. There's a new Best Western that I hear is also good. I'd avoid the Ramada. The Holiday Inn just got a renovation, but after spending 6 weeks there for my previous airline job, I'm in no hurry to go back. Also, the Marriott that's connected to the airport terminals is very nice.

Away from JFK, the Houston Marriott North is also a good place. It's up by the Greenspoint area. The downside is that there's not much near it and the neighborhood isn't ideal.

That should read "It's up by the Gunspoint area". True.

Pretty much all the major chains have properties near the airport and most have a shuttle to and from. They are all pretty much standard fare for their respective brands. The ones on JFK between Greens rd and the beltway are all pretty much walking distance to some fast food joints and a restaurant. The ones on Will Clayton pkwy by us59 also have food nearby but...depending on the wind they are at the end of the runways and you get to hear takeoffs and/or landings.

Sent using a small piece of fruit.

Pretty much all the major chains have properties near the airport and most have a shuttle to and from. They are all pretty much standard fare for their respective brands. The ones on JFK between Greens rd and the beltway are all pretty much walking distance to some fast food joints and a restaurant. The ones on Will Clayton pkwy by us59 also have food nearby but...depending on the wind they are at the end of the runways and you get to hear takeoffs and/or landings.

we were considering County Inn &suites or Hilton Garden Inn for pre-cruise because we land at IAH at 21:45 and are looking at Double Tree or Hilton Garden Inn for post-cruise our flight leaves at 15:00 the next day , any thoughts of these hotels ?

thank you in advance

we were considering County Inn &suites or Hilton Garden Inn for pre-cruise because we land at IAH at 21:45 and are looking at Double Tree or Hilton Garden Inn for post-cruise our flight leaves at 15:00 the next day , any thoughts of these hotels ?

thank you in advance

I usually stay at the hilton garden inn (on JFK blvd) when I have an early flight out of IAH. It is fine, lots of air crews stay there as well. It is within walking distance of Taco Bell and Jack in the box and a restaurant is next door (can't remember the name). They have a shuttle and you are only a few min from the terminals. It is not a cheap as others in the area, (I have gold status with Hilton so I stay there or the Hampton in to bank extra points and the free breakfast at HGI) but if you like the brand it will serve you well

I usually stay at the hilton garden inn (on JFK blvd) when I have an early flight out of IAH. It is fine, lots of air crews stay there as well. It is within walking distance of Taco Bell and Jack in the box and a restaurant is next door (can't remember the name). They have a shuttle and you are only a few min from the terminals. It is not a cheap as others in the area, (I have gold status with Hilton so I stay there or the Hampton in to bank extra points and the free breakfast at HGI) but if you like the brand it will serve you well

we took your advice we booked Hilton garden inn (on jfk blvd) for pre and post cruise ,

thanks again