Ph1

CVA34

Request the good, the bad, and the ugly on PH1 suites deck 11 ...specifically 11054.

Thank you in advance

Dennis

The good is that the Penthouses on Marina and Riviera are without question the most beautiful, spacious and best designed one room Suites in the Cruise Industry today.

They "feel" lavish in their spaciousness, and the walk in closets make cabin organization a dream. Having a Butler in addition to your cabin attendants does not hurt on that score either.

50x-large.jpg

I don't have the heart to call anything bad, except to report that the curtains which appear to bisect the room are purely decorative, and cannot be closed to divide the sitting room from the bedroom areas of the Suite.

2782776694e540ba2d5ea12.29734585-1314130850.jpg

There are also many who dislike the pool deck (which is deck 12) overhanging the Deck 11 Penthouse verandas, but experience has taught us that the shade which the overhang provides is equally prized by some passengers, as everyone does not worship the Sun, and in any case the Deck 11 Suites are bright and Sunny.

7985966314_99493676fa_z.jpg

As far as 11054 specifically is concerned, you will love being mid-ship for the stability, and being close to the aft elevator lobby is wildly convenient as all of the restaurants may be found at the stern of the ship. You will also enjoy being on the same deck and reasonably close to the Executive Lounge.

Hope that this helped, enjoy your cruise!

Request the good, the bad, and the ugly on PH1 suites deck 11 ...specifically 11054.

Thank you in advance

Dennis

11054 is pretty close to the coveted "middle of the ship", widely regarded as the most comfortable ride. It's under some of the least noisy areas of the pool deck -- the area under and near La Reserve. While I haven't sailed in that specific area, I would consider it a desirable location.

The only negative that might be considered is the deck 12 overhang, which extends past the balcony on deck 11. Some people (including me) object to it; others are not bothered at all. For me, it depends on the itinerary -- I was in a deck 11 PH sailing into Montenegro, which has high mountains close to the ship (some call it a fjord), and I couldn't see the topof the hills because of the overhang.

000945.jpg

Hi Everyone: Since the PH 1 suites are being discussed, have to ask about PH1 7130 on Marina. Have been told it has a wrap around veranda. So would like to hear opinions about its location, etc. We will be in this suite in June 2014. Thanks, Cher :confused:

Hi Everyone: Since the PH 1 suites are being discussed, have to ask about PH1 7130 on Marina. Have been told it has a wrap around veranda. So would like to hear opinions about its location, etc. We will be in this suite in June 2014. Thanks, Cher :confused:

if you type in 7130 in the "search this forum" you will find many discussions as well as some photos

We were in 7135 on riviera. The suite is a bit narrower than other PHs, thus the walk in closet is smaller. However, the wraparound deck more than makes up for this. Be sure to ask for a couple of loungers to be put on the deck if not there already. These were PH3s last spring but apparently so popular Oceania upped the price. Enjoy! Larry

CVA34 - we left the Riviera last Wednesday after 12 days in 11054. Couldn't find anything to fault, it was terrific. The overhang never bothered us, in fact it was brilliant when it was really sunny as we could have some shade. Fantastic position and didn't notice any noise from deck 12.

We've been at the other end a little further from mid-ship than you. Very smooth sailing especially considering being on a higher deck. Not affecting you but FYI for others considering deck 11 we did get a little noise in the morning from the Culinary Centre & Waves bar area was being setup but nothing to complain about. As hondorner points out with your stateroom below La Reserve it should be a quiet location.

The cabin itself is great. Enjoy the decor and the layout - the walk-in closet was a plus though initially I thought would make no difference to me. Could even use it as an very early morning change room (a la Superman) and not disturb DW.

That said I did not at all like that deck 12 overhang. I very much enjoy sitting out on the balcony on a sea day watching the skyline / clouds and that was blocked out. very limited view of night sky. When sailing into some particularly picturesque ports like Valletta I'd run up on deck to take photos because much of it is obscured by the 'roof' overhead. In fact I think these should be PH5s. I know others post that it did not bother them but for me it was a major distraction. Even though being so close to Deck 12 and the Executive Lounge is convenient, for me I'd not book deck 11 again unless at either end. What is important to you will vary of course.

Edited by YoHoHo