dancing ballroom

jrstarheel

hello fellow dancers. this will be our first cruise on the coral(or island} I have been studying the deck plains and notice some of our favorite spots are moved or are not there. any help on where to go and best music would be so helpful thanks

platinum steve & sherri

The Wheelhouse has a large dance floor.

Explorers has a dance floor; in the late evening, that's the late-night disco.

The Bayou Cafe has music and I think there was a dance space.

Best is subjective, but I'd say probably Wheelhouse for the best music/dancing venue -- although you never know about the caliber of performers on any given cruise. Coral's Crooner's had a great pianist on my voyage (Larry Dunsmore), but there's no dance space. Although there were occasionally people dancing in the open atrium space outside Crooner's for some songs . . .

We've danced in all the spaces mentioned, including the atruim.

Wheelhouse usually has the best ballroom type band, although sometimes the party band is playing in Explorers and we go there.

I've also seen some of the theme parties in the lounge in back.

I just got off the Royal. The only dance venue there is the atrium. (Epic fail according to my DH).

The Wheelhouse has ballroom dancing, mostly all night, latin, fox trot, waltz, swing. Depends on the band, but in the past it is never rock.

Explorer's has more pop and rock. Theme nights and game shows are also in Explorer's.

Bayou has a piano player or maybe a jazz trio. There is space to dance, but seldom see many dancing there.

Sometimes there is a big band hour in one of the lounges or in the atrium.

Check the Princess Patter for all live music times. They are listed each day.

I just got off the Royal. The only dance venue there is the atrium. (Epic fail according to my DH).

This will prevent us from sailing on her then. We're Latin Dancers and I will miss Bolero's that I'm used to on RCCL ships.

I'm excited to learn about the dancing in the Wheelhouse Bar though, that might tide us over for the weekend.