"LIVE" (hopefully?) from Allure of the Seas, November 10th, 2013

Good morning from the Allure of the Seas!!!! I will try and get photos uploaded shortly. Thanks for all the comments and for following along! I won't be replying to each and every one, but rest assured I am reading them all.

Photobucket not being particularly cooperative this morning.....but I was up at 430, so got a few pics coming into Nassau.

After one day on board, all I can say is I have officially been "wowed" and I have not even begun to explore. Today I will stay on board, and start my photo taking in earnest.

We had early seating in the MDR, then off to see the 9 pm Oceanaria show. In short, it was amazing! Definitely not to be missed. I've seen some YouTube videos, but seeing it live is a totally different experience.

All aboard time is 1230 today. Still no further word on port times for St. Thomas.

We have ourselves a rainbow!

null_zpsd51284b6.jpg

Imagine living here, and having Allure in your backyard every two weeks!

null_zpsba9c6e3e.jpg

Ok, folks after 4 cups of coffee, I am ready to go! Think I will try Johnny Rockets for breakfast this morning. Love this cabin and location right near the boardwalk. Will get some cabin photos taken after the room is tidied.

Imagine living here, and having Allure in your backyard every two weeks!

null_zpsba9c6e3e.jpg

Ok, folks after 4 cups of coffee, I am ready to go! Think I will try Johnny Rockets for breakfast this morning. Love this cabin and location right near the boardwalk. Will get some cabin photos taken after the room is tidied.

Have a great time on a fantastic ship! :D:D

What a wonderful way to wake up! It put a smile on my face to join you for the day! We will be on Deck 6 in three weeks...we are in cabin 6664...we are so excited about the location and how close we will be to the ocean...oh, how I love the sound of the ship cutting through the ocean!

Absolutely love our hump Jr. suite starboard side on deck 6. Rarely take the elevators except to the pool deck, which is where I am headed now,

The balcony is very large, and has a table and chairs as well as two loungers.

null_zps37ce01b0.jpg

With the divider open, we've created an extra large balcony...

null_zps3c21d153.jpg

Some room shots:

null_zps2f29bca4.jpg

null_zps24ec8093.jpg

null_zps71d4c4bd.jpg

null_zpse8900068.jpg

null_zpsc0186680.jpg

Warning! Tried one of these pods to make a cup of coffee this morning.....WAY too much grounds for one cup of coffee. It looked a bit like molasses in the cup after I brewed it. Bleech! So, I walked down to the diamond lounge, but there is no "regular" coffee there either. Cappuccino espresso maker of some sort.

null_zpse7b70b80.jpg

Brought my iPhone 5 adapter for the docking station, but it's not working--says the devise is non supported....hmmmm, guess I will survive without xm radio this week

A nice photo trip journal....good job.

I see Allure must have backed in at Nassau....with your starboard room facing the lighthouse/Atlantis side.

Keep the pix coming (deja vu nicety of our Oasis trip last year). :)

I wonder if they did that, because of the propulsion issues, to use up more time on arrival instead of at departure for the trip down to St. Thomas?

Unlikely....they regularly change how they dock...forward sometimes and back in others....they even do that in Ft. Lauderdale.

Actually, they do not do it regulary. They dock on the port side if they need to do starboard lifeboat drills or for some other special reason.

Actually, they do not do it regulary. They dock on the port side if they need to do starboard lifeboat drills or for some other special reason.

Interesting...

I watch the Ft. Lauderdale harbor live webcam at least 2-3 weekends per month, and have seen Allure and Oasis both backed in and forward docked. There appears to be no scheduled pattern to either way.

Between our own cruise and 3 other friends who have been on the Eastern Allure and Oasis...again...both directions seen docked...

Park cafe? I think not! Pool bar instead! I have finally arrived! Boarded at 11:20.

null_zpsbb3eb803.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Great way to start, can't wait even more now, will be sailing a B2B on her starting May 4th, love the ship and the crew!....K.O.:)

Hello PhilNDebbie At Sea......see you on the 17th deck next Sunday! We are in 1704 or 1702.....can't really remember right now. Know u are doing the cabin crawl.....well have to come & check your room out too! Excited...first time on the Allure & first crown loft!

Hello to DicAnns too! We are flying in on Sundat too....but from Atlanta....

Will enjoy this thread for the next week! It's getting close!

Debbie & Steve

hey Debbie and Steve--fellow cruiser from Marietta here sailing with you on 11/17. Flying in Sunday also--hope the rain stays away for the flight.

hey Debbie and Steve--fellow cruiser from Marietta here sailing with you on 11/17. Flying in Sunday also--hope the rain stays away for the flight.

Mikats....you might want check out the Allure roll call for our cruise next week.....it's been a pretty active board. When are you flying out?

Thanks for reporting.

We will be on the Western Caribbean on December 1.

We will have 3 children (and a couple of adults that act like children) in our group. Could you let us know what 3D movies are being shown.

Or even better, could you take pictures of the Cruise Compass events list and post them.

Thanks.

Gordon