Any 'I wish I knew beforehand' tips ?

Maryandi

We have been on many cruises but going on the Wonder for the first time. Any special tips for the Disney ships you wish you knew ahead of time ? We will be 3 cabins, total of 9 people.

All help will be appreciated. Thanks, MaryAnn;)

We are going on our 6th DCL in August, not quite sure what you are looking for. We always like to board as soon as possible, usually between 12 and 12:30 because the shrimp are really great at the lunch buffet, we also like Parrot Cay dining room vs. Topsiders. If you want to do Palo or the spa I would sugguest making reservations before hand on line so you can explore the ship instead of rushing around doing reservations right after boarding. Also can sign up for the kids club or reservation for Flounders ahead on line too. The secret deck on 7 is nice at night, the deck charis on 4 are very relaxing also. Don't miss the shows, the best I've seen. The pools are quite empty right after boarding so if you pack suits in a carry on you can use, really packed for the rest of the cruise we never use. Anything else just ask.

Our favorite thing to do is order Mickey ice cream bars from room service every night as a bedtime treat. They are NOT on the room service menu, but you can order as many as you would like. (Remember to TIP WELL for the great room service people!!!). You can also order them in the dining rooms if you want them.

Patti

Posted yesterday, but doesn't seem to have taken. Mickey Bars from room service was one. Also, deck 7 has a "secret" deck aft. Just go all the way back and look for the door. There is usually no one out there and you can have a great view all to yourselves.

If any of you like to find hidden Mickey's on board, you can go to guest services and they will give you a paper to help you find the hidden mickey's on board. Some are harder to find than others, but most people walk right by them and never see them. Just something different to do while strolling around the ship, and you will see things most people never see.

Kids are very good at this.

mom x4,grandma x4

• 2 weeks later...

You can order from one of the other resturants and the CM's will try to get you that item.

Palo's is a must. I wished I had known they had a bar at Palo's. Did not figure this out until last year.

I also just found out about the secret place at aft 7 deck.

Wish I would have known about the Secret Porthole rooms.

Wish I would have known about the martini and teqilla tastings.

Wish I had known about the rasul bath before last cruise.

Oh I could go on and on............

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The DCL's adult pools are open later, so you can swim or use the hot tub later if you desire.

Pay attention to all the extra food places offered. Disney has. You can eat constantly. Not just in the dining room.

I really didn't have to rush to see Hercules. :cool:

Bring your power stip outlet for your cabin! And your over the door shoe rack for your tolietries.

ok, i'm out of the loop :rolleyes: topsiders is sitdown? is it in the regular rotation? Or is it the same as before, you just go when you want to and seat with your own party where you want to. We are a party of 2 and that is why we really liked topsiders. Not into communal dining all the time. :o

Thanks, Mky

Oscar, you can go anytime and check out photo packages. They have a listing there showing what you can get and for how much. Trick to use is when you find your photos from that day line them all up together so you can find them all at the end and purchase the ones you want.

mky - you can still use Topsiders as a private area. You are not required to sit with others. Your main course will be served to you, the rest you must get yourself.

Oscar, you can go anytime and check out photo packages. They have a listing there showing what you can get and for how much. Trick to use is when you find your photos from that day line them all up together so you can find them all at the end and purchase the ones you want.

mky - you can still use Topsiders as a private area. You are not required to sit with others. Your main course will be served to you, the rest you must get yourself.

Thanks to TheWog!

C

Archived