Graycliff & Distillary - How much time?

joyful34

We just did this in Nassau on our Halloween cruise. It probably took us about 15 minutes or so to reach Graycliff. We toured the chocolate factory (about 20 minutes) and bought some chocolate, then walked on up to John Watling's (about 5 minutes from Graycliff). Took the brief tour, tasted the rum, bought a bottle, and then sat in the bar and had a drink (probably there about 40 minutes or so). Then back down to Sharkeez for lunch before heading to Junkanoo. Hope this helps.

We walked up to the Graycliff Hotel and just toured that on our own, fabulous old place and I buy their cigars at home. Would like to have seen their wine cellar I've read so much about!

Just a 10 min walk up if going on your own, nice place to visit on your own if not busy.

We just did this in Nassau on our Halloween cruise. It probably took us about 15 minutes or so to reach Graycliff. We toured the chocolate factory (about 20 minutes) and bought some chocolate, then walked on up to John Watling's (about 5 minutes from Graycliff). Took the brief tour, tasted the rum, bought a bottle, and then sat in the bar and had a drink (probably there about 40 minutes or so). Then back down to Sharkeez for lunch before heading to Junkanoo. Hope this helps.

I was wondering how much it costs to tour the factory. The information I received from them said it costs $10.00 for a 10 minute tour. This sounds like too much money for 10 min.

Thanks

I was wondering how much it costs to tour the factory. The information I received from them said it costs $10.00 for a 10 minute tour. This sounds like too much money for 10 min.

Thanks

The chocolate tour is $10 a person but it was longer than 10 minutes. I enjoyed it and thought it was worth the $10. I bought some chocolate too. :)

The distillery tour is free.

Thanks

Found this on TripAdvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147416-d1045942-r152640656-Graycliff_Restaurant-Nassau_New_Providence_Island_Bahamas.html) from a February 2013 review:

"...I took a 15 minute tour of the shop ($10) led by Kevannah. This tour included seeing the back room where the chocolate goes from bean to bar and the equipment used for this process. Fascinating. Then I signed up for the 1-hour "Interactive" class which was also led by Kevannah ($49). This class takes place in the back room...."

If you want to be sure, you may want to contact them at their website: http://www.graycliff.com/index.php?option=com_contact_enhanced&view=contact&id=4&Itemid=333

I used that form a few weeks ago, and was sad to learn they did not offer tours on Sunday...the day the Oasis of the Seas visits. :(

Just wondering how long to allow for if we visit GrayCliffs and John Watlings Distillery both? We are planning on walking from the cruise port. Thanks for your help.

The great thing about both of these is you can make it fit to your schedule. It is a nice stroll to GrayCliffs beautiful scenery, neat old buildings and then another stroll to John Watlings again some old historic buildings good photo ops. The distillery tour is informal and only takes about 10 minutes but you will want to hand around the bar for a few drinks. Both of these are our must dos in Nassau.

The great thing about both of these is you can make it fit to your schedule. It is a nice stroll to GrayCliffs beautiful scenery, neat old buildings and then another stroll to John Watlings again some old historic buildings good photo ops. The distillery tour is informal and only takes about 10 minutes but you will want to hand around the bar for a few drinks. Both of these are our must dos in Nassau.

Totally agree, you can take as much time or as little time as you want. We made an afternoon out of it but you don't have to.

What times does the distillery open. Website says 9 and Facebook says 10. Trying to plan our day if we should go to distillery first or beach first. Will go back to ship around lunch to eat. Thank you.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have asked them questions through the Facebook page they will respond.