Parking at port of Miami

Wife8

We are sailing on the Reflection 11/16/13 and will be driving from Boynton Beach to the port of Miami. Is the parking convenient to the ship? We parked last year at Port Everglades and it was very close to the ship. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The directions to get there for us were very confusing. We came down I 95 heading south. The exit numbers decrease. I don't remember the exact number but we will say exit 5. We are looking for the number and all of a sudden you are hit with a series of 3A, 3B, 3C tend 4A, 4B, 4C but what happened to 5?

WE got off at one of the exits going east that we felt would help us get in the right direction. Luckily there were signs directing us to the port but thru a lot of traffic and congestion. We later found out that 5 was further south beyond the normal sequence.

🎅🎄

Wow! That's rather steep. I think I'll go with Premier Parking.

I agree that it's ridiculous, but the reviews on Premier parking are decidedly mixed, and at night that area supposedly turns very seedy. Personally, I think the parking at the port is chaotic and makes very little sense, but is worth the peace of mind and ability to walk back to the car instead of waiting on a shuttle driver who really doesn't care to show up on time.

But it's fraught with its own problems:

- Last time I was there, the ticket booths where you paid had no green or red lights to indicate if they we're open, and the windows are tinted too darkly to see if anyone is inside. So people were pulling up to them and if they wanted to pay in cash they couldn't leave if it was closed. Then they're trying to back up into a huge line of traffic causing a huge mess.

- The garages don't have big letters to indicate which is which, so when you show up days later at a different terminal than you embarked from, it's hard to remember which garage you're in. Would it be so hard to paint a big letter on the side?

- Sometimes the garage will fill up and they'll make you park in a different garage. They herded us through the damn loading dock with trucks and forklifts everywhere. I found it to be very poor customer service and experience to do that when I'm paying $140 a week to park there.

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest. :D

This is a great place to park for cruises out of Miami:

http://www.portofmiamicruiseparking.com/ticket/new

Your particular cruise would be $4.50/day.

FAQ (from their website):

Step 1) Check in your luggage at the port. (not a must, but is a convenient alternative to transporting it after you park)

Step 2) Take your car to Port Of Miami Parking 150 NE 7th St Miami FL

Step 3) Show the attendant your receipt, or give him your confirmation number, (you can also place your receipt on the dash board).

Step 4) Make sure you have all of your belongings and valuables. Note: We are not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items, we strongly urge you to take all belongings with you.

Step 5) Use our Shuttle or Choose a cab company to take the 4 Minute ride back to the port. (you can walk as well) (LINK - Google Map)

Q: Is there shuttle service?

YES its an independent operator that charges $5.00 each way (prices are subject to change) While we do not offer free shuttle service to and from the ports, other companies charge up to $15 each way, we recommend our shuttle or a $8-$13 cab ride depending on the taxi cab company. Upon your return when the ship docks, you can call our shuttle at 305.790.0450 there will also be a line of taxis waiting.

Q: How much does transportation cost to and from the port?

Our Shuttle is $5.00 each way and a Taxi is about $8-$13 each way.

Q: How far is the parking lot from the port?

We are conveniently located two blocks from the port of miami, easily within 15-20 min walking distance or a short 4 min cab ride. We usually have cabs waiting in a queue at the lot, and also have the phone numbers listed on your parking receipt.

Parking in Miami is very easy. It's in a high rise garage no mor than one block from Celebrity ships. Check in is much more organized than Ft. Lauderdale

This is a question I was coming to the site to ask! Thanks for the info. Do you know if you can reserve a spot? I'm assuming you'd take a cab from the garage to the pier...any idea if they are usually around there or do you have to call one? We're coming down from Ontario on I 75, but through the Villages for personal reasons. Are the directions the same ie: I95 to one of the exits (5?). DH is one who NEEDS TO KNOW exactly where he's going or he'll stess all the way down the highway..LOL.

This is a question I was coming to the site to ask! Thanks for the info. Do you know if you can reserve a spot? I'm assuming you'd take a cab from the garage to the pier...any idea if they are usually around there or do you have to call one? We're coming down from Ontario on I 75, but through the Villages for personal reasons. Are the directions the same ie: I95 to one of the exits (5?). DH is one who NEEDS TO KNOW exactly where he's going or he'll stess all the way down the highway..LOL.

No reserved spots at the parking garage at the pier. As for taking a cab to the pier, the parking garages are directly across from the piers - a very short walk. You can always drop your luggage with the porters and then go and park. I don't think you will find any taxi that will take you to the pier due to the proximity. Look at the map of the port of Miami prior to arrival so that you can see which parking garage you will need to park in.

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-transportation.asp

As for directions, GPS or Mapquest or Google maps will direct you from The Villages. There are also directions on the link I have posted above.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

No reserved spots at the parking garage at the pier. As for taking a cab to the pier, the parking garages are directly across from the piers - a very short walk. You can always drop your luggage with the porters and then go and park. I don't think you will find any taxi that will take you to the pier due to the proximity. Look at the map of the port of Miami prior to arrival so that you can see which parking garage you will need to park in.

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-transportation.asp

As for directions, GPS or Mapquest or Google maps will direct you from The Villages. There are also directions on the link I have posted above.

Good luck and have a great cruise!

thx so much! I didn't think a cab ride would be needed but not having driven to the port before it's best not to assume.