Can't sign up Meet & Mingle

tampadee

Had the same problem last week. The other couple we are traveling with had no problems registering. Every time I tried to register, it said there was problem. Was told Celebrity was having issues with the connections registration site. Tried again this week and was able to register. Good Luck!

Host Andy, several on our cruise are having trouble signing up for the Connections Party. Celebrity said to call Cruise Critic as it was not a Celebrity issue. As we can't call Cruise Critic, you are our best source.

This is the message we get when we try to sign up.

d7d557bc-e66b-4a6d-8546-5bfd023c6ba2_zpsf2f6faa2.jpg

And the rest of the message

5847afd9-ff9b-4b63-9ee5-245d096bec43_zps36907f2c.jpg

Do you know what could be causing this issue and how to resolve it?

Four people were able to sign up before we started getting this issue. We are less than a year out, so we should be able to sign up.

Thanks for your help as always.

Edited by Vol fan

Celebrity has been doing maintenance and upgrades on their website.

They have the poor practice of not adequately testing their system before going live and of not setting up "website closed for maintenance" pages where links are temporarily not functional so that people don't get errors or garbage screens.

Since your cruise isn't until February, I'd wait a few weeks and try again.

If anyone with an imminent cruise is having the same problem then try calling Captain's Club now and then, no matter what they tell you, stop by guest relations on embarkation day and tell ask them when the party is and mention that you had signup problems due to web site issues and to make sure you are on the list.

Edited by Lsimon

I have been trying for 4 days with only getting an error message and a lot of computer lingo. Celebrity's website is ridiculous. I think they should fire their entire IT Department and hire some new employees. They couldn't do any worse than the current employees.

Host Andy, several on our cruise are having trouble signing up for the Connections Party. Celebrity said to call Cruise Critic as it was not a Celebrity issue. As we can't call Cruise Critic, you are our best source.

Do you know what could be causing this issue and how to resolve it?

Four people were able to sign up before we started getting this issue. We are less than a year out, so we should be able to sign up.

Thanks for your help as always.

Hi Vol fan,

One thing I can assure you... this is not a Cruise Critic issue. I just tried checking our Meet and Mingle for our Eclipse sailing next week, and I did not encounter any issues. FWIW, I'm using Internet Explorer version 9.

At any rate, I will pass this information along to our Community Manager, so they can research this issue further. Please stay tuned !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Vol fan,

One thing I can assure you... this is not a Cruise Critic issue. I just tried checking our Meet and Mingle for our Eclipse sailing next week, and I did not encounter any issues. FWIW, I'm using Internet Explorer version 9.

At any rate, I will pass this information along to our Community Manager, so they can research this issue further. Please stay tuned !

Hi Andy. I am able to check the Meet and Mingle for our cruise too. The error occurs when you attempt to register for it. I tried Chrome, IE10 and Firefox with same error.

Hi Andy. I am able to check the Meet and Mingle for our cruise too. The error occurs when you attempt to register for it. I tried Chrome, IE10 and Firefox with same error.

Thank you for the information. As I'm registered for our Eclipse sailing, I will try registering for our February Century cruise later tonight, and see what happens. I presume I will experience the same issues, but will give it a try.

Edited by Host Andy

Just checked our sailing and it worked for us at, https://secure.celebritycruises.com/cruisecritic/home.do

we have 93 signed up for out Connections Party in 8 days!

After several unsuccessful attempts earlier today, I just tried the quoted link above and was able to register us for our 12.28.13 Eclipse sailing! I had received the same error message posted by Vol fan in my unsuccessful attempts, so maybe if others try using the link provided by wallie5446 you will be successful!

Good luck to all! And thank you, wallie5446!! :)

Jill

Hi Everyone,

I tried to register this evening. Received an error message stating "the booking entered could not be retrieved". Might be due to Celebrity working on the website tonight. I will try again tomorrow.

I suggest that everyone keeps an eye on it as on our last cruise in July they managed to erase everyone who had registered for the Meet and Mingle party. If I remember correctly we had to register three times in the end as the same thing kept happening.

Edited by shoreham01

• Administrators

I've been told they are working on this issue. I will send them this thread as it has lots of good info..

I will post as soon as I hear anything.

Laura