Is There a Polite Way to Say This?

Lokip53

Yes I am one of those!

Polite or not just tell me if it makes you feel better and I can help you to have a better vacation.;) I would just smile at you and depending on my mood tell you to mind your Business, but I´d not change my behaviour just to suit you.

Having said this - yes I´m one of those coming to the buffet with clean hands and refusing the use of hand sanitizer. If they force the sanitizer on my hand I will have a tissue ready to wipe it off immediately before it further spreads on my Hands.

I will use the thongs at the buffet, but yes I will occasionally pick up something like a roll with my bare Hands if it´s possible to do so without touching anything else.

I will also pick up something like a French fry from my plate and eat it while still in line. Would I survive without doing this? Sure, but where´s the fun:cool:.

I chose to let my immune system handle all this for me and thus far it has not really failed. I´ve never had Noro (knock on Wood) despite having been on quite a few ships with outbreaks as well as I´m exposed to quite a few outbreaks at my work place.

BTW I never get the flu shot either and never got the flu.

I´m not trying to Change any of your behaviour, as I know I can´t, just as nothing you will say could Change any of mine. :cool:

My husband always tells me he just washed his hands when he enters the Windjammer, and doesn't need to use the hand sanitizer. I usually say, "Gee, I didn't see that hot water and soap on the elevator or in the elevator lobby or next to the handrails on the stairway". If you touched a "high touch" area on your way into the Windjammer, then you need to use the hand sanitizer.

I will not comment on your habits, but I think if you ever do get Noro it will change your mind about what you've described above.

By the way, your "cool" smilie is really inappropriate, too!

My husband always tells me he just washed his hands when he enters the Windjammer, and doesn't need to use the hand sanitizer. I usually say, "Gee, I didn't see that hot water and soap on the elevator or in the elevator lobby or next to the handrails on the stairway". If you touched a "high touch" area on your way into the Windjammer, then you need to use the hand sanitizer.

I will not comment on your habits, but I think if you ever do get Noro it will change your mind about what you've described above.

Hmmm, so my :cool: is not the only inappropriate? So I guess there´s some more I posted that didn´t get your approval:rolleyes:.

I can assure you I know enough about the effect of Noro on people that I will do everything to avoid getting it, this however results in should I ever get Noro, there´s nothing I needed to change in what I described above. Nothing I do will make me more prone to catch noro than anybody else. But of course to know this you´d need to have some knowledge about noro.

See you in the WJ:cool:

And therein lies the issue, Paul-- when you slop saliva on your hands and then handle the utensils that I have to touch, it becomes my business.

Ok, I´ll give you that Point, but it still wouldn´t get you anywhere:p

Fortunately, you only represent a small minority of rude cruisers with disgusting habits.

Pheewwww, I´m glad to be part of such an exclusive group of cruisers:cool:

Keep on keeping it classy, buddy!!

I will, I certainly will. :cool:

Thank you! Elevators, doors, railings all have tons. Not touching your own face and food helps you, but it is not respectful of other passengers that will be handling utensils after you.

Also, what is the "fun" of eating food while still in line? Please wait to put your fingers in your mouth until after you are seated.

There is a thread on the Cunard forum about how a woman was called rude because she spoke to another passenger who had picked up a plate at the buffet, put the palm of her hand on the plate, (she wanted to see how warm it was), and then put the plate back into the stack of clean plates.

What is with these people? Were they raised with no manners?

That's one dumb woman, because the plates are stacked UPSIDE DOWN, and you can touch the BACK of the plate to see how hot it is. I do this all the time at buffets (after I've sanitized my hands on the way in).

Hmmm, so my :cool: is not the only inappropriate? So I guess there´s some more I posted that didn´t get your approval:rolleyes:.

I can assure you I know enough about the effect of Noro on people that I will do everything to avoid getting it, this however results in should I ever get Noro, there´s nothing I needed to change in what I described above. Nothing I do will make me more prone to catch noro than anybody else. But of course to know this you´d need to have some knowledge about noro.

See you in the WJ:cool:

Ha, there's plenty in your posts that most on this thread are grossed out about. I think pcur was commenting on your using the "cool" smilie when what you were describing was not what the general public would consider cool: spreading germs with your "buffet habits".

There is a thread on the Cunard forum about how a woman was called rude because she spoke to another passenger who had picked up a plate at the buffet, put the palm of her hand on the plate, (she wanted to see how warm it was), and then put the plate back into the stack of clean plates.

What is with these people? Were they raised with no manners?

That's one dumb woman, because the plates are stacked UPSIDE DOWN, and you can touch the BACK of the plate to see how hot it is. I do this all the time at buffets (after I've sanitized my hands on the way in).

One dumb woman? How do you pick up a plate while only touching the back of it? I see no reason to be touching a plate unless you are going to be using it.:rolleyes:

One dumb woman? How do you pick up a plate while only touching the back of it? I see no reason to be touching a plate unless you are going to be using it.:rolleyes:

I sanitize my hands, walk directly to the plate stack, if I'm going to get cold food I will touch the middle of the back of the top plate with a (sanitized) finger to test if it's too hot to put cold food on it. I never pick a plate up and put it back.

I sanitize my hands, walk directly to the plate stack, if I'm going to get cold food I will touch the middle of the back of the top plate with a (sanitized) finger to test if it's too hot to put cold food on it. I never pick a plate up and put it back.

But the person you quoted mentioned picking up the plate. You then categorized someone as one dumb woman for saying something.:rolleyes:

I'm not a germ aphobic person but to those who are.... Please answer this question ....why do you wash your hands after you use the bathroom? Do you not clean yourself in the shower or keep it clean daily? Do you pee on yourself? I always find it funny that people wash their hands after a guy touches himself females typically don't touch themselves and we use tp. For all the germ phobics. Think about this

You touched the elevator or the stairwell or many doors and now you have to pee so you go pee and then wash afterwards ? Why would you not wash your hands BEFORE using the restroom since you just touched everything with germs on it then oh pee? Maybe mow you will understand those of us who do lot wash our hands afterwards because we are washing before the restroom

Jamie

I'm not a germ aphobic person but to those who are.... Please answer this question ....why do you wash your hands after you use the bathroom? Do you not clean yourself in the shower or keep it clean daily? Do you pee on yourself? I always find it funny that people wash their hands after a guy touches himself females typically don't touch themselves and we use tp. For all the germ phobics. Think about this

You touched the elevator or the stairwell or many doors and now you have to pee so you go pee and then wash afterwards ? Why would you not wash your hands BEFORE using the restroom since you just touched everything with germs on it then oh pee? Maybe mow you will understand those of us who do lot wash our hands afterwards because we are washing before the restroom

Jamie

You obviously have no concept of how yeast and bacteria find moist dark areas to be perfect breeding grounds. Your post make zero sense.... typos or not.

What I can't stand is when the server brings a cup or glass to the table with their fingers holding the upper rim where they expected me to put my lips.

While many of the posts in this thread, in my opinion, is a little over the top, to the extend where some people shouldn't leave their home at all, in fear of contaminants from other biological humans (there is a reason why we are equipped with a immune system), I can agree whole heartedly with this! Service staff should know better!

I think many would be surprised at what some people, in terms of their own and others hygienic practices, sees as normal behavior. Disgusting thought actually.

Philip

If I worried about germs in restaurants I would never go out to eat. I don't really worry about it. I do some things like never let my silverware touch the table but the reality is you come into contact with germs on everything you touch. Do you touch the chair to pull it out when you sit down? I'm sure it has germs on it as when do restaurants wipe these down. You can't live in a bubble worrying about every little germ you might come into contact with. IMO that's why people are always sick. People are obsessed with hand sanitizer. Some germs are good for you and help build up your immune system. Washing your hands regularly is all you need to do.

I completely agree with this! However, there are some other good practices which can prevent direct exposure - you mention an example yourself.

What I personally have never understood, is public toilets and the design of how to both enter and exit this area. After having done your thing and washing your hands, they expect you to open the door out of the public room, by touching the handle.. never made sense to me.

Philip

The grossest thing I ever saw was a girl in the hot tub popping her boyfriends back acne. That was the first day of my first cruise and I've never visited the hot tub since seeing that happen.

DH saw a young mother sunning on a lounge chair, direct her young son to go relieve himself in the Hot Tub!! He was jumping up and down when he was beside her laying there.......he came back to visit her just fine!!! DH told a pool attendant.:eek::eek:

I have had Noro even though I wash my hands longer than most in the BR, use a paper towel to open the door etc. Some don't bother or a swish of water will have to do. It can be the stall/door handles with germs that you touched.....

The WJ is a challenge, with seeing what people do sometimes around the buffet.:eek:

Jamie

Jamie: this might help you out -

You might wonder why hand washing is so important after going to the bathroom. As one kid put it: I don't wash my hands every time I touch my stomach so why do I have to wash after every time I pee?

The problem isn't necessarily with touching your own body when you go to the bathroom, though there may be more germs in those body areas than, say, your elbow. The bigger problem is that lots of people use the bathroom and they might not be as neat as you.

Poop, especially, contains a lot of germs, including E. coli, which can make you sick. Those germs are tiny and invisible, so they can be hiding on the faucet, doorknob, and other bathroom surfaces.

In the bathroom, you can easily get some germs on your hands and, if you don't wash up properly, you just might take them with you. Those germs could get into your body and make you sick — like if you eat your lunch with those unwashed hands. Or you could make someone else sick — like if you give a new friend a nice handshake with those germy hands and then she goes and eats her lunch!

By washing your hands, you rinse away those bathroom germs, protecting yourself and others. In addition to washing your hands, you might want to take some extra precautions when you're in a public restroom. The fewer surfaces you touch, the better. You can use a paper towel to turn on the faucet and to open the door on your way out. Some people even use their foot — instead of their hand — to flush the toilet!

You touched it, there is not a lot of difference in picking it up. Nobody wants a plate you touch.