My Time Dining Question

clnugget

Hello,

We have picked My Time Dining for our upcoming cruise on the Explorer of the Seas. I'm noticing that the pre-cruise choices include reservations for daily seating. I thought by choosing My Time instead of main or early seating, we could be more spontaneous. Do we actually NEED a reservation each night, or is this just an optional thing?

Thank you so much for any insight.....

We love My Time! It's great to be able to have dinner on our own schedule.

We've never had to wait more than a couple on minutes. :)

LuLu

~~~~~

Couldn't agree more! On Freedom, I don't think we ever waited more than about two minutes. Most of the time we were seated immediately, and we had the same waiters every night except on the second formal night when we were seated in a little area next to our normal spot. Our regular waiters spotted us over there and served us our dinner even though we weren't in their area :)

First night on Allure we had to wait 1/2 hour, went for a walk and came back.

Rest of cruise, we just showed up, and only had a few minutes wait. Last night we prebooked a time.

Had the same table/wait staff all week. We went at a different time each night.

We would have liked to have a different table/wait staff for a change, but only way to do that was buffet or to pay more for dinner.

Having 5 of us incl (7 & 9yr olds) of, we decieded not to do that.

Walked the buffet before dinner to see if we wanted that instead, but the noise level was too high there and just went to the MT restraunt.

First night on Allure we had to wait 1/2 hour, went for a walk and came back.

Rest of cruise, we just showed up, and only had a few minutes wait. Last night we prebooked a time.

Had the same table/wait staff all week. We went at a different time each night.

We would have liked to have a different table/wait staff for a change, but only way to do that was buffet or to pay more for dinner.

Having 5 of us incl (7 & 9yr olds) of, we decieded not to do that.

Walked the buffet before dinner to see if we wanted that instead, but the noise level was too high there and just went to the MT restraunt.

All you had to do was indicate to the host/hostess that you wished to be seated at a different table and they would have accommodated you. Unless you were unhappy with your original wait staff, however, it would be polite to note that your request was not meant as a criticism of the staff that originally served you. We generally prefer to have the same wait staff each evening but even then we were free to dine elsewhere on any night we chose to do so. We enjoyed our waiter and assistant waiter (Jonathan and Alan)on our Baltic cruise, that we requested to be seated at their table for our transatlantic and our repositioning cruises which totaled 40 nights on Brilliance.

We booked each day by phone, either in the morning or if we were not sure when we would get back...in the afternoon.

We requested the same waiter and team each night and the host was amazing at accommodating us. There was one evening where we just turned up and had to wait a little bit, so were given a pager and went for a drink.

That eve we were also sat in the section next to our usual waiter, but he still came over and served us in that section (we made sure that we were not stepping on the other waiter's toes).

Loved being able to go at different times each eve, was so much easier than rushing about for a set time.....it made allowances for afternoon snoozes ;)