Thinking about Oasis...here's a few questions

My husband and I were looking into going on the Oasis next year but I have a few questions since we are normally CCL cruisers.

First, we were thinking of bringing our little ones ( 3 ) and on CCL we can put 5 in a cabin with the Deluxe Oceanview rooms ( or on some of the older ships...an inside cabin ) but when I try to go on RCI website, it won't allow me to add 5 people to a room. Are there any rooms that allow this?

If we book now, do they match the price if the price goes down between now and the final payment?

We were strongly thinking of leaving the kids home but I would hate to go on the Oasis and feel like everything I was seeing was, " OH man, the kids would have loved THAT!" and regret not taking them. YOUR opinion...worth it to bring the kids?

Never sailed with kids, ours were 18 and 20 when we took our first cruise. But Oasis has wonderful things for all ages. So it depends on how old they are, etc.

As for "matching prices," yes if the price drops before final payment you should get it. I say that because if the price drop is for "new bookings only" then you won't. But generally you can get most drops, and if it occurs after final payment you may be able to upgrade for little more. But again, depends on the rate rules. But the worst they can do is say no.

There are some suites that can easily hold 5 if the kids are young. Aquasuite is 2 bedroom, the Presidential Suite holds 8, etc. I suspect you can call either your TA if you use one, or RCI directly and talk to them about it. Another option is 2 connecting cabins with an adult in each and 2 kids in one and 1 kid in the other. You can always change keys and set up whatever sleeping arrangements you want.

My husband and I were looking into going on the Oasis next year but I have a few questions since we are normally CCL cruisers.

First, we were thinking of bringing our little ones ( 3 ) and on CCL we can put 5 in a cabin with the Deluxe Oceanview rooms ( or on some of the older ships...an inside cabin ) but when I try to go on RCI website, it won't allow me to add 5 people to a room. Are there any rooms that allow this?

If we book now, do they match the price if the price goes down between now and the final payment?

We were strongly thinking of leaving the kids home but I would hate to go on the Oasis and feel like everything I was seeing was, " OH man, the kids would have loved THAT!" and regret not taking them. YOUR opinion...worth it to bring the kids?

Went on Allure two years ago with my Sis and BIL. They said all cruise long, "oh man, the kids would love that!" So they just took them on Allure last week and has an absolute blast. They did the 5 in 1 interior configuration and still enjoyed themselves. By the end, kids we're beginning to struggle as any would spending that much time together in close quarters but they still loved it. Her kids are 10, 6, and 4. We are going on Oasis next year, my DW and 7mo old DS. He won't be able to enjoy all those kid things, but are excited to bring him anyway and enjoy our first family vacation. Good luck to you!

Never sailed with kids, ours were 18 and 20 when we took our first cruise. But Oasis has wonderful things for all ages. So it depends on how old they are, etc.

As for "matching prices," yes if the price drops before final payment you should get it. I say that because if the price drop is for "new bookings only" then you won't. But generally you can get most drops, and if it occurs after final payment you may be able to upgrade for little more. But again, depends on the rate rules. But the worst they can do is say no.

There are some suites that can easily hold 5 if the kids are young. Aquasuite is 2 bedroom, the Presidential Suite holds 8, etc. I suspect you can call either your TA if you use one, or RCI directly and talk to them about it. Another option is 2 connecting cabins with an adult in each and 2 kids in one and 1 kid in the other. You can always change keys and set up whatever sleeping arrangements you want.

Great ideas-thanks!

Went on Allure two years ago with my Sis and BIL. They said all cruise long, "oh man, the kids would love that!" So they just took them on Allure last week and has an absolute blast. They did the 5 in 1 interior configuration and still enjoyed themselves. By the end, kids we're beginning to struggle as any would spending that much time together in close quarters but they still loved it. Her kids are 10, 6, and 4. We are going on Oasis next year, my DW and 7mo old DS. He won't be able to enjoy all those kid things, but are excited to bring him anyway and enjoy our first family vacation. Good luck to you!

See? That's so me too- everything I'd be saying," Oh wow- I wish the kids could see that!" Hmmm......something to think about. I wish I could go online and price it out though, just to get an idea!

See? That's so me too- everything I'd be saying," Oh wow- I wish the kids could see that!" Hmmm......something to think about. I wish I could go online and price it out though, just to get an idea!

Not sure when you're looking, but we're booked in April for quite cheap compared to most other times of year. If that conflicts with school then you'll pay more during peak times. Give them a quick call and you'll have your estimate!

Family of five here too. What we have found is usually cheaper and much more pleasant is to book two adjoining cabins with three in one and two in another. I book dh in one room with a kid and myself and two kids in the other room.

There are a couple advantages...

You can keep the door open between rooms and kids can sleep together in one room and you and dh in the other.

You get two bathrroms and showers which is so worth it when getting ready.

You can then each bring two bottles of wine onboard if you like since it is a two bottle per cabin limit.

If only one of you wants the drinks package, you don't have to both purchase it since you are in two separate cabins.

Lastly, it has always been cheaper for us this way and we get more space.

Hope this helps!