Drink Package question

Hi everyone! My husband and I will be doing our first Royal Caribbean Cruise in May. We've only done 1 other cruise beforehand and that was Disney. My question here is this: I only drink water and coffee, and my husband pretty much only drinks iced tea. Do we need to get a drink package for these beverages? I get that wine and beer, and specialty coffee and teas are extra... I guess I don't understand if we need a drink package. Any help on how the beverage thing works since Disney was pretty much "free" beverages would be greatly appreciated :) If it matters, we are doing a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on Freedom.

Thanks so much for all your help! :D

I usually take a 12 pack of bottled water on in my luggage. I am a coffee drinker and the coffee on board is OK, not fantastic but not too bad. The tea is free too and they have a few varieties. There are places to purchase coffee if you want too. I hope you love the Freedom as much as I do, she is a fabulous ship. Have a great cruise.

Can you get juice or chocolate milk at breakfast or do u have to buy the juice package?

Juices from concentrates are free. Fresh squeezed juices are for-charge, but often you'll find things like mimosas are made with them in MDR and some other venues, and thus can be had on the booze package, so long as you don't mind a little brut mixed in.

Can't say about chocolate milk, as I've never looked for it.

Edited by hellsop