Breakaway: Angled balcony vs. B6

oceanseagle12

I've been watching prices for my upcoming Breakaway cruise. My current reservation is in a category BC on deck 11 with an angled balcony. It is one toward the aft, but right by the elevators.

There are quite a few B6 cabins still available, and the prices have dropped on them so that I could get into one for no additional cost.

I'm surprised that so many of them are still available- nearly half the category. Are there issues with the B6 that I'm missing? I know some don't like the lack of privacy. We aren't too concerned about that, because it seems you have the same amount of covered space as the standard balconies.

Also, the deck plans make the B6 balconies look longer (in addition to the extra balcony space)? Nothing I find indicates that there is any difference in the inside space. Does anyone know?

Thoughts on the pros and cons of angled standard balcony vs. B6? Near aft vs forward?

Thanks!

We're going to be in an aft facing angle balcony but not until 12/1.

From what I understand the angle balconies are a bit larger but the rooms are the same as the other balconies.

I'll be interested in responses too from others who have already cruised the BA :)

The B6 appears to be about 2x the size of a standard balcony. Where the angled balcony has one side extended, the B6 has both sides extended, if that makes sense.

What I'm not sure about is whether there is any difference in the interior part of the cabin, or if there is some other reason that people are avoiding them.

Thanks vondofife. Yes, that shows what I'm talking about. Basically, I'm familiar with the differences on the outside. I'm just trying to see if there are issues I'm missing that are causing people to avoid these cabins, or if there is any difference on the inside vs a standard balcony.

Anyone have thoughts on the pros and cons of the B6 vs an angled BC located toward the aft by the elevators?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the chances of requesting a lounger on these larger balconies? Has anyone had success or heard of anyone getting a lounger? We are booked in a B6 for the 12 day cruise in Feb. 2015 and a lounger sure would be nice!!!!We will definitely make a request once on board.