Non-Licensed Fishing in November

Mozzy1984

I'm going to be here next week, is there any fishing regulations if I wanted to fish around port?

I have a collasible fishing rod and was thinking i could bring it with a few lures.

Let me know your experience.

going to be there next week on the 20th

I'm going to be here next week, is there any fishing regulations if I wanted to fish around port?

I have a collasible fishing rod and was thinking i could bring it with a few lures.

Let me know your experience.

going to be there next week on the 20th

If you want to carry your rod/lures, perfectly fine to find a rock or perch and toss them in the sea and go for it. You don't need a license. You can stop by the fisheries complex near Pointe Seraphine docks and talk tot he fishermen there about any good spots around the port. (not normally a great spot for fishing due to all the traffic, but worth a shot I suppose).

Enjoy your visit.

YA, I got a great collapsible 6' rod that goes down to about 14" and My Micro-tackle box is about 6". Something I can just throw into my backpack and if I use it, cool, if I don't, game on. I guess you never know when it comes to fishing conditions. I'd have to see what it looks like when I get there... it'd be nice to lose to a nice barracuda but i don't think they'd like being that close .. haha.

Thanks alot for the info.

YA, I got a great collapsible 6' rod that goes down to about 14" and My Micro-tackle box is about 6". Something I can just throw into my backpack and if I use it, cool, if I don't, game on. I guess you never know when it comes to fishing conditions. I'd have to see what it looks like when I get there... it'd be nice to lose to a nice barracuda but i don't think they'd like being that close .. haha.

Thanks alot for the info.

Lol! Yes, they are found in the waters around St. Lucia, but I highly, highly doubt you would find any in the port area. It's a pretty enclosed harbor and lots of traffic, so not a lot in close - but doesn't hurt to try. You could also walk over to Vigie Beach and give a try from there I suppose. Good luck!!