Changing reservation

cruiseonly

Was wondering what is involved in changing an existing reservation.

Booked NCL on Nov. 6. Today noticed that the price is the same, but there are a few perks- bottle of wine ,strawberries, and French Restaurant tickets.

Called NCL to enquire about the perks and my reservation. She said the perks came on November 8, and since I booked on Nov. 6 I don't quality.

She said I would have to call my TA and cancel my reservations, and rebook.

Before I call TA I was wondering if anyone know how that would work. Can I keep the same cabin number. Would I get a new booking number, and what about my deposit.

Thank You

[quote name='cruiseonly'] Can I keep the same cabin number. Would I get a new booking number, and what about my deposit.[/quote]

I don't mean to be rude, but... isn't this precisely what travel agents are for? Why on earth aren't you asking the travel agent these questions?? :confused:

Edit to add: I mean, typically, yeah, they cancel your reso and re-book. They reallocate the previously paid funds to the new reso. They try like hell to keep the same cabin number... I still don't know why you're not asking your TA this, though. Edited by triptolemus

[quote name='triptolemus']I don't mean to be rude, but... isn't this precisely what travel agents are for? Why on earth aren't you asking the travel agent these questions?? :confused:

Edit to add: I mean, typically, yeah, they cancel your reso and re-book. They reallocate the previously paid funds to the new reso. They try like hell to keep the same cabin number... I still don't know why you're not asking your TA this, though.[/QUOTE]

Looks like somebody is getting a 2nd Gold Star! :eek::D

You are, of course, exactly correct. I am always surprised at the number of people who use TAs, but then come to Cruise Critic looking for answers. What a great job TAs have where they get all of the $$$ and someone else has to do the work!

If I'm PAYING a TA, then the TA should be stop #1 when I need information. (And there shouldn't be a stop #2).