C&A Confirmed New Drink Packages!

jamies78

Wow, I'm glad you answered, I never would have called it a squash! :)

Squash is a generic term the Brits use for a koolaid/crystal light type fruit flavoured drink with sugar/sweetener. What the origin of the word is I have no idea!

What we call a squash the Brits call a marrow ........ Go figure! Two cultures bound together yet separated by a common language.

Fruit punch = Mixed fruit squash

Flavoured water is water infused with a flavour, usually fruit of some sort. Typically water with fresh fruit floating in it in a large self serve dispenser. Though flavoured bottle water is also common in America as well.

Lemonade is a lemon flavored drink with sugar/sweetener, more akin to a lemon squash than say bitter lemon, or Sprite 7Up. It is not carbonated.

Hope some of this helps :)

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Turns out it just isn't worth it for us. There are three days we are in port so for those days we wouldn't even be drinking on the ship. $770 for two people for basically 3 days of alcohol doesn't seem reasonable to me.

The ports we hit are not all day/night, so worth it for us!

I don't usually order exotic sounding drinks in a bar and most restaurants put their drink prices on the menu.

The difference here is paying a lot of money for the plan and then ordering a drink thinking it is included to find out after the fact that it isn't and having to pay even more. I don't feel like asking the price every single time i order a drink. I have had the package already and didn't need to worry about the limit. I knew ahead of time which top shelf liquors were not included.

Thanks to the person who posted the price list. I had only seen one of them for the beers. I wonder if the beers that were previously excluded above $6.25 will now be included.

And for the record ... I'm a SHE.

Just ask. When we did the package on the Indy there was a price cap- every time I ordered a drink I held up my card and pointed at the package sticker and asked "is this covered?"

Just ask. When we did the package on the Indy there was a price cap- every time I ordered a drink I held up my card and pointed at the package sticker and asked "is this covered?"

I think the point is that what is and is not covered would influence the decision to buy the package. You don't want to drop $700-$1000 on a drink package, and find out you're still paying for half the stuff you want to drink.

After dinner shots are available with the package but unless you want to pay for the special shot glass for a keepsake, they will come in a normal shot glass you cannot keep. Also you are not limited to the shot of the day you can ask for any of them.

Thank you Jill. I don't care about keeping the glass. My liquor cabinet at home is stocked with enough from the last cruise so I am good with that. I just liked those desserty shots after dinner. I may not come out ahead on this and I told my DH that but the convenience and being able to try new things I normally would not have is very appealing to me.

So both have to order a package not just one of us can? My husband doesn't really drink and doesn't drink coffee so could he order a different package or not even order any and I order one? Not sure how this works and I agree $20.00 if you just drink soda is way out of line.

I just got off the phone with a rep from C&A .she told me the new beverage package will be available starting November 15th on all ships, and the 1st week of December online. This was read to me from an internal email she received.

So both have to order a package not just one of us can? My husband doesn't really drink and doesn't drink coffee so could he order a different package or not even order any and I order one? Not sure how this works and I agree $20.00 if you just drink soda is way out of line.

Jena.. If you purchase on the ship, you do not have to buy for both.

Okay so which is it?!?!

I am very interested in this aspect of the new policy as well. Previous posts sound fairly certain that they are in fact changing it. I spoke to royal last night and they are still functioning under the old policy. She told me to hang tight until tomorrow when the new policy is rolled out. Hopefully then we will be able to purchase packages for only one person in the cabin.

I am in the uk and just tried to order my husband a premium drinks package and me a soda package but it will only allow me to order the premium for all passengers in the cabin. Maybe I have to wait until after 1st December

all the following information was there

From 15th November 2013, on sailings from ports in the US and Canada, we will be introducing 4 brand new packages to enhance your on board experience. The existing Classic and Premium packages shown above will be discontinued and the new packages will be as follows:

The Royal Replenish Package

$20 per guest / per day. Includes:

Premium Coffee

Premium Tea

Bottled Water: Sparkling (375ml) Still (500ml)

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice

Non-Alcoholic Cocktails

Fountain Soda with souvenir cup

The Select Package

$40 per guest / per day. Includes:

Beer (Excluding Foster's Oil Cans and speciality beers)

Wines by the glass (up to $8 value in North America, $9 on international cruises)

Non-Alcoholic cocktails

20% discount on bottles of wine

The Premium Package

$55 per guest / per day. Includes:

House and premium spirits/cocktails (up to $10 value in North America, $12 on international cruises)

Frozen Cocktails

Premium wines by the glass (up to $12 value in North America, $14 on international cruises)

Non-alcoholic cocktails

Still Bottled Water (500ml)

The Ultimate Package

$65 per guest / per day. Includes:

Premium Coffee

Premium Tea

House and premium spirits/cocktails (up to $10 value in North America, $12 on international cruises)

Frozen Cocktails

Premium wines by the glass (up to $12 value in North America, $14 on international cruises)

Non-alcoholic cocktails

*The above daily prices are inclusive of gratuities. Exceptions may apply by specific sail dates due to local VAT reasons etc.

Edited by Tiggertastic

Not being a drinker, I'm not sure the difference. We really love the frozen blender non-alcoholic drinks like virgin pina coladas and strawberry daquaris, etc. But, these are all blended with ice, so.. a "Frozen cocktail" (right??)

The Royal Replenish Package

$20 per guest / per day. Includes:

Premium Coffee

Premium Tea

Non-Alcoholic Cocktails

The Premium Package

$55 per guest / per day. Includes:

Frozen Cocktails

Non-alcoholic cocktails

Still Bottled Water (500ml)

but, non-alcoholic cocktails: I am not sure if that covers non-alcoholic frozen drinks.

For $20/day/person, I would buy the "Refresher" package if it included them, but not the $55 for the package which shows the frozen cocktails.

Can anyone clarify?

Edited by Toddcan

I kind of like the new changes to the policy. I hope that you just have to pay the difference for drinks over $10 (IE - Top Shelf Martini is $10.25, hopefully just have to pay the .25 extra). Also if they allow only one person to have the package in a stateroom then I will be phoning up royal in the next little while to get a couple names changed on our Allure reservation.

I know its not 100% sure quite yet, but if these are the new changes then kudos to Royal for changing the package. It was a bit too stringent in rules, and a bit stingy for the cost previously.