Elite wi fi free minutes

PAMJP

Hello, we were elite on our last celebrity cruise on Eclipse in September and we bought a new IPad from the Apple store on board. We were told that to make use of our free 90 minutes we would have to purchase a package to add on the free minutes. Is this correct?

Hello, we were elite on our last celebrity cruise on Eclipse in September and we bought a new IPad from the Apple store on board. We were told that to make use of our free 90 minutes we would have to purchase a package to add on the free minutes. Is this correct?

That's not true. Minutes are minutes and you can use any free minutes you have. I had lots of OBC and purchased an IPad and used my coupon minutes. Sometimes they offer a specialpackage if youmakea purchase. I've seen some offers of "free" minutes if you purchase at a certain time.

We've never purchased any internet. For booking-keeping they may need to charge for the 90 minutes and then credit you back using the coupon. Perhaps there was a miscommunication.

I believe that is correct. In past, we were told to turn in the coupons @ guest relations (or there may be a drop box at the i-lounge) we were charged/credited.

The OP stated that they were told to activate the IPad they would need to "add to their minutes". That is not true unless they used all of their Elite coupon minutes. Normally you are charged for the 90 coupon minutes and when the coupon is processed (usually takes a few days) the charge is credited back to your account.

If you ever feel that an answer might be incorrect be sure to check with a supervisor or Guest Relations. I've had people tell me things that just weren't true.One woman told me that she could not activate my IPad since service was too slow on the ship. Later I went to another person and it was activated very quickly. As Reagan said: "Trust, but verify".

The Elite free 90 minutes of internet time is processed as a coupon for $50 off any internet block of time purchase of 90 minutes or more. Since the 90 minuite package costs $50 the charge for the package purchase and the $50 credit for the coupon offset each other exactly. If you think you'd need more time then you can buy a larger package and still turn in the coupon for a $50 credit on your account.

I'm not sure how all this would relate to the iPad purchase. But the procedure to get the "free" elite minutes is in fact to purchase a package then turn in the coupon for the credit. It normally takes a couple days for the $50 credit to be processed - I presume this relates to them verifying you've bought an internet package for $50 or more before they apply the coupon.