Taxi or shuttle help - Miami hotel to port

tbmrt

I was surprised to be told that a taxi from our hotel (Doral area of Miami - Holiday Inn Express 8436 NW 36th St. was about $50 to port. We paid $30 last year!

I had taken free shuttle in the past, but now told it doesn't leave really early...Would like to get to ship early - waiting to board adds excitement in my opinion!

Recommendations for earlier shuttles and taxis appreciated.

Thanks

I was surprised to be told that a taxi from our hotel (Doral area of Miami - Holiday Inn Express 8436 NW 36th St. was about $50 to port. We paid $30 last year!

I had taken free shuttle in the past, but now told it doesn't leave really early...Would like to get to ship early - waiting to board adds excitement in my opinion!

Recommendations for earlier shuttles and taxis appreciated.

Thanks

I would have estimated $35 for a taxi from that location. Did the hotel staff tell you $50?

Neil/Miami

Yes....Maybe because they are pushing their shuttle? Perhaps I should just take list of taxicab #'s from internet with me to Miami and call cab from room.

I thought $35 sounded more reasonable

Taxis are regulated by the city and should all be about the same fare which will vary some depending upon traffic.

If your hotel offers an airport shuttle you could go back to MIA and then cab from there for the flat rate fare of $24+tip.

Good luck! :)