Mercury - caribbean

chrismch

Thinking of booking the mercury for the 7 day in January to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maartin & Nassau. Would love some feedback on the ship and the ports of San Juan & Nassau. Have previously been to St. Maartin & St Thomas so we know what to expect there. Any suggestions for excursions - especially water related ones. Thanks!:p

Thinking of booking the mercury for the 7 day in January to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maartin & Nassau. Would love some feedback on the ship and the ports of San Juan & Nassau. Have previously been to St. Maartin & St Thomas so we know what to expect there. Any suggestions for excursions - especially water related ones. Thanks!:p

Hi Chrismch !

I wish Mercury was sailing in the Caribbean. She has not sailed the Caribbean in quite some time. She is on the West Coast now. I think you might be thinking of Constellation or Galaxy. Those are the ships that are sailing out of San Juan (Constellation in late 2005/early 2006, and Galaxy in late 2006/early 2007). Or, if the ship leaves out of Ft Lauderdale, it could be Century or Millennium.

Mercury is a wonderful ship, and I would definately recommend her. If you are sure she will be sailing the Caribbean, please let us know !

Whatever ship you book........we LOVE old San Juan......depending on where you dock, you may have to taxi there, but you can just walk up the hill to to El Morro, then work your way down.....lots of nice shops, cobblestone streets....very quaint. Personally.......you can have Nassua. We have been there 3 times and it would be one port we wouldnt get off at again. Did the Atlantis excursion last time and went to the aquarium there, but they take you over on a boat and it poured down rain. JMHO on Nassau.

Oops! My mistake. It is the Century. We were also looking at the Mercury for next year as a Panama Canal cruise.

Hi Chris !

I didnt think you meant Mercury, but, no worries !

Century is a GREAT ship. I have been on her many times. I would definately recommend her. Is there anything specific you would like to know ? Feel free to ask.

Hi Chris !

I didnt think you meant Mercury, but, no worries !

Century is a GREAT ship. I have been on her many times. I would definately recommend her. Is there anything specific you would like to know ? Feel free to ask.

The only x ship we've been on is the Summit and loved it and the service! How does it compare to the summit? Also, have you done the panama canal LA to FL? If so, it looks like many sea days, how does that work out?

Archived