Anxiety about Upcoming Cruise (3 days)

firstcruiseever

So I have had non stop anxiety about the upcoming cruise for no apparent reason at all. For some reason, I keep worrying that DH and I won't have enough room in our interior to have fun together and spend time together have kids are sleeping. I'm worried that either they won't sleep or we won't play. That would not be good at all... But we can't afford an upgrade to a balcony right now. It's such a little thing to worry about, but I think it's just nerves since this will be our first vacation with DD and DS (4 and 3).

So I have had non stop anxiety about the upcoming cruise for no apparent reason at all. For some reason, I keep worrying that DH and I won't have enough room in our interior to have fun together and spend time together have kids are sleeping. I'm worried that either they won't sleep or we won't play. That would not be good at all... But we can't afford an upgrade to a balcony right now. It's such a little thing to worry about, but I think it's just nerves since this will be our first vacation with DD and DS (4 and 3).

Unfortunately since you have 2 young children you will probably be going to bed about the same time they do if they need lights out to sleep.

Hopefully you can leave them in Camp Carnival for several hours in the evenings or during the day so you and DH can have your play time.

With a 4 and 3 year old in the room, I agree with poster above that play time may be at a minimum.

I don't agree with the above. By the end of the day, your LO are going to be so worn out ( after playing in the splash pad, running around, being in the sun,etc ) that they should fall out pretty quick ( at least mine do!). Also, the interior rooms are completely dark so after they fall asleep.... ;)

I don't agree with the above. By the end of the day, your LO are going to be so worn out ( after playing in the splash pad, running around, being in the sun,etc ) that they should fall out pretty quick ( at least mine do!). Also, the interior rooms are completely dark so after they fall asleep.... ;)

Agree completley. Took our 2 minions on there first cruise when they were 5 and 7. A couple of nights they almost didn't make it past dinner :eek:. By 9pm they were both out cold. They are both light sleepers and, believe me, nothing was going to wake them up ;). Only issue, they were up at 6am :D.

I agree 105% with Tracy:)just make sure on the way back from taking the kids to Camp Carnival, locate your room steward and advise him you will be taking an ":cool:early nap:cool:"and request he makes up your cabin after noon;);) (he'll understand) ;)and put your snoozin sign on your door knob...on the last day of your cruise, tip your cabin steward a few dollars for him adjusting his cabin schedule

All four of you will sleep early and well

Years of vacationing with kids have taught me, leave them at home once in a while if possible, but when you take them go with the flow. Many times the vacation you carefully planned is not the one that happens, yet still memorable. Don't worry, go with the flow and it will take you to some really memorable moments. For those moments I do take them!

Edited by Blk_Amish

You guys are so awesome. So I wrote this post early in the morning (like 2:30 am I think) and when I put "fun" for some reason I was actually thinking board games and not getting in bed earlier than my grandparents LOL. But now I'm thinking wow, I didn't even worry about when we would have "fun" LOLOL. Camp carnival is a GREAT idea. And I guess if we are having "fun" in the afternoon, we can go to bed before all the grandparents on board and still be worn out ;):p:eek:

Rooms are plenty big, no issue there. Time alone, may be an issue. We always cruise with our child (8), the ports are planned around her, museums, hikes, local culture etc.. no beaches. In fact, we make up worksheets on local currency, flag, animals etc.

Plus, we have no relatives or friends near by to watch her if we did go w/o her. Be warned though, not all kids like Camp C, and not all parents like Camp C and how they operate, we are both of those, so she is with us 24/7. We work it out that I crash early anyway, so she goes to bed at her 8:30 bedtime and I stay up a bit to read and crash, this way the wife can go enjoy her "night-owl" time. On the other end, mornings 5-7 is my time to enjoy quietness, deck walking, coffee and reading.

With the exception of our first cruise, my DH and I have always taken our kids with us. Last year we decided to do a short cruise without the kids...and I had anxiety about NOT having the kids with us. Just thought it was funny that us mamas will worry about just about anything!;)

With the exception of our first cruise, my DH and I have always taken our kids with us. Last year we decided to do a short cruise without the kids...and I had anxiety about NOT having the kids with us. Just thought it was funny that us mamas will worry about just about anything!;)

SOO true! Our last cruise I left the kids at home and I was a big ole basket of worry!!! :rolleyes: