Carnival Excursions

Mommzie

Time is winding down for my surprise cruise with the children in February and i want to make it a memorable one. I want to SWIM WITH THE DOLPHINS!!! If i go through Carnival, i'm looking at spending almost $500 for the 4 of us. Is there an excursion code or something that i can use to get a discount? Can someone point me into the right direction to perhaps book on my own?

Thanks in advance.

Carnival Ecstasy, Cozumel and we'll be docking on February 5 2014.

Edited by Mommzie

While excursions sponsored by the Cruise Company may be more, and a lot more, expensive, you should realize that the Cruise Company, in this case Carnival accepts full responsibility for any incident or problem which may occur.

When you book independently you are "on your own".

To some individuals the difference in price is of upmost importance. But in the case of the tour described above note that although they have a good image, Dolphins are still wild animals that can do a lot of damage.

I would suggest staying with Carnival.

There is absolutely NO reason why you should go w/Carnival for the dolphin excursion in Cozumel! Go to Chankanaab's website & book independently. You will save LOTS of money by doing so, and will have exactly the same experience - probably better, than the cruise ship.

We usually do all of our excursions independently everywhere UNLESS, there is extensive travel to & from an excursion, which could cause a problem on returning to the ship. If you do your homework (search independent cruise excursions on Cruise Critic and read reviews) then you'll be fine.

But, Cozumel is a place where you can do them on your own w/no problem. Just don't go over to the mainland on your own - as that could be a problem. Use Carnival if you do a mainland excursion.

My kids and I swam with the Dolphins at Chankanaab and booked directly with them and not the ship. This was the highlight of our cruise. We also received free admission to the park. There is a free sea lion show and plenty of activities to keep you busy for the day. We were not allowed to use our cameras during the dolphin swim. A CD of pictures was $139 so unfortunately we don't have any pictures, but the memories are still with us.

Time is winding down for my surprise cruise with the children in February and i want to make it a memorable one. I want to SWIM WITH THE DOLPHINS!!! If i go through Carnival, i'm looking at spending almost $500 for the 4 of us. Is there an excursion code or something that i can use to get a discount? Can someone point me into the right direction to perhaps book on my own?

Thanks in advance.

Carnival Ecstasy, Cozumel and we'll be docking on February 5 2014.

I probably should have read all comments before responding, but oh well.

1) If you are not outside of final payment, Carnival is currently running a special for past guests that offers OBC for excursions. The credit for 3-5 days cruises is $100 and $160 for the 6-8 cruises. For the latter, it worked out that I paid $80 more than the original rate I booked and I was getting a free $80 from Carnival. If you are outside of final payment, but you booked Early Saver, you could apply for that promotion as long as it benefits you...weigh the costs.

2) I have found that the excursion can be booked directly through the vendor. I did a search on Chankanaab and found the vendor. If you look on this same board you will find posts/reviews. But I think the actual link to the vendor's site includes the words discoverybay or something like that. Update:dolphin discovery dot com

Good luck to you

Edited by Leo's Rule
website info