Boeing Dreamliner or 767?

YORKI1

Does anyone know if the flight from Gatwick on the 28 December 2013 to Barbados for a 14 night cruise on the Azura is a Dreamliner or a 767? Also, is there just 1 flight from Gatwick?

Thank you.

I presume you know for sure its a thomson flight as they are the only ones using the 787 dreamliner and the 767

go onto your cruise personaliser as if to pre book your seats if the seat configuration is 2-3-2 its a 767 if configured as 3-3-3 its the 787 dreamliner.

If its a thomas cook flight it will be an airbus A330

Does anyone know if the flight from Gatwick on the 28 December 2013 to Barbados for a 14 night cruise on the Azura is a Dreamliner or a 767? Also, is there just 1 flight from Gatwick?

Thank you.

Hi YORKI1

If you are flying with Thomson it is a Dreamliner as I am on this flight, it leaves at 9.15 a.m. from North Terminal. TC leaves a little bit later it is a 767 from South.

Mags

Hi YORKI1

If you are flying with Thomson it is a Dreamliner as I am on this flight, it leaves at 9.15 a.m. from North Terminal. TC leaves a little bit later it is a 767 from South.

Mags

Flight No TOM024 :)

If you are flying with Thomson I'm sure it will be the same plane we fly back on, we return early morning on the 28th from our Xmas cruise, I would presume the plane gets a quick clean, check and refuels then flies back to Barbados, we are on a Thomson dreamliner :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forums mobile app

Hello we fly out on 24th jan from Gatwick, I asked the same question , and have been informed by Thomson that it will be a Dreamliner, if you goto Thomson Dreamliner blog spot give them your flight number they look up the schedule and give you the answer ,

hope you enjoy:)

Anyone returned today on a Dreamliner???

Cb

No we returned on an ex first choice boeing 767 2 3 2 configuration to Birmingham being TOM 815 with no entertainment as no headphones supplied so couldnt hear seat back screen.The plane was delayed by 2 and half hours which was poor.At Barbados Grantley Adams Airport they called out passengers for Tom 831 to come to gate which was confusing at 9.45 pm.(we should have left at 7.20 pm)The flight info screen still said TOM 815 delayed and didnt update saying arrived.Lucky for a few of us we asked others in Q as we could have been marooned at Barbados.Poor sevice at Grantley Adams Airport so be advised....

Micky:(

Edited by micky most

Poor sevice at Grantley Adams Airport so be advised....

I've never had anything other than poor service at BGA. Delays of 2 hours and upwards seem to be normal - at least in my experience.

Absolutely the worst experience was when we had to wait 75 minutes (yes - over an hour) for the steps to be brought to our aircraft so we could get off !!!!!

We travelled back on the Dreamliner on the 16th too - wasn't it comfortable? it was one of the best flights we've ever had.

Isobel.

Comfortable in what way? I have it in my mind that I prefer a 767 for the 2-4-2 lay out, whereas on the Dreamliner with 3-3-3 the 2 of us will be sharing the 3 with another.

Please convince me so I can look forward to the Dreamliner flight in February :)

Bigger seats, more leg room, reclines further, bigger screens for entertainment, higher cabbin so you can stand up straight. It really is superior in every way.

My flight to the Azura next week is on one. I'm thinking of booking a window seat in advance just to see how the blind-free window works!

Edited by canny_cruiser

We were fortunate enough to have booked premium seats in order to get the 2 seats together without a third person, but you are right, unless you book them, the layout is 3-3-3. However, the seats were really comfortable and the cabin did seem a lot more roomy than others. We normally fly BA and it certainly looked less squashed than their cabins are. Hope that helps.

isobel.

Bigger seats, more leg room, reclines further, bigger screens for entertainment, higher cabbin so you can stand up straight. It really is superior in every way.

Still not convinced, never found the seats on a 767 to small, always found the leg room ok, height not a problem and the recline could be bad news.

Fussy bugger me :)

Both the Manchester and Gatwick flights this morning to BGI Barbados are shown on Flight Track as being 787 Dreamliners Both flight expected to arrive. Both in the air and on time

Cb

Let's see what happens on their return tomorrow. I've not booked my connection back up here yet as read in one of the threads that there are regular delays at BGI.

as read in one of the threads that there are regular delays at BGI.

BGI can be a bit chaotic and has the habit of not displaying or announcing flights as and when they should. They can also change the gate at short notice. But my experience is not one of regular delays.

I would also recommend you look out for Precious in one of the coffee kiosks, I am sure that is where Walliams and Lucas got their idea :)