Prinsemdam Laundry

habita

No charge to use the machines and laundry detergent is provided. Would suggest packing a few dryer sheets. The trick is to choose the right timing. We overheard a conversation in the dining room one morning about an argument over removing still damp clothes from a dryer. Yikes!

The one time I used it was after returning to the ship late in the afternoon , about the time people were getting ready for the early dinner seating.

The fill a laundry bag for $20 is great. Just the way to go when on vacation.

Enjoy your cruise!

Is the laundromat easily accessible ? Do I need quarters,dollars or ..? Do they have the special where you fit items in a bag.

Thank in advance for your reply. We are on a 26 day cruise and I'm new to HH.

The self serve laundries are free on the Prinsendam :) You should bring dryer sheets though if you like to use them.

The laundry that you send out is done very well on this ship:) It's probably the best laundry service of any of the fleet IMO, if you decide not to be bothered doing your own. On a port intensive itinerary I figure I am busy enough so I use their laundry. Yes, they do have the laundry price by the bag. You can get laundry for the entire cruise, or by the bag or by the piece (best deal is either unlimited (entire cruise) or by the bag).

Enjoy the Elegant Explorer:)

We found the Prinsendam laundry convenient. Bearing in mind we are early risers,we would put washing on about 0600,exercise,shower,put it in drier on way to breakfast,and pick it up after breakfast.Easy,hassle free and never any waiting.But as I said we are up early anyway.

Richard

I found it easy to do the laundry on the Prinsendam because we had "on sea" days. It is easy to take a book and sit there if you feel you need to watch the machines whirl. Being that it was free gave me incentive!;) Most of the clothes we bring are easy to wash and dry. There are ironing boards if you want to touch up clothes. I know some people say they are on vacation and don't want to do this but I find it easy peesy. They have a low suds detergent they want you to use.

Great now I am thinking I should wash some clothes today! Why not, the wind is still whipping outside and we are hoping for rain. Been a long time.