FTTF already sold out?

carnival03

We were really looking forward to purchasing FFTF. Just for all the perks. The cruise is in mid-April 2014, 150 days from now, and it's already sold out! What? Is it just not available yet or is it already sold out? Has anyone ever been able to get it after it being sold out? Maybe someone canceling?

Just purchased FTTF today it had been showing sold out. But today it showed 5 available.

I purchased ours more than 400 days out, when I booked our cruise for Nov 2014.

For our first cruise, just my husband and I, we didn't purchase it. We had a suite though, and were offered priority boarding and immediate access to our cabin. This time we are taking our disabled 20 yr old daughter, which means we had to get cheaper ocean view cabins since we needed 2 (bummer, right? :( ), and I wanted to make sure we could get to our cabins immediately to drop all of our bags off. She will be a little overwhelmed and need our attention until she acclimates to the excitement of her first cruise. I didn't want to have to worry about lugging carry-ons all over the place while trying to deal with all of that, and helping her get lunch.

Really, why buy it? We were just on the Liberty and at 11:45AM there was no wait to board. Walked in the terminal and was at the desk in under 2 minutes. We were then lead right on the ship. For tendering in belize we had a high numer (I think it was 31). We just walked down to deck zero and said we were late for our excursion and were told to get right on the next tender. Grand Cayman we did the same.

Thank you! We said the same thing on our last cruise this past april on the Breeze...Now we timed it in the terminal how long it took from the people who purchased it and us who did not, it was 5 min difference, and we were there around noon....To me its a waste of money that we could put towards something else.....Like the Cheers package, lol!

Really, why buy it? We were just on the Liberty and at 11:45AM there was no wait to board. Walked in the terminal and was at the desk in under 2 minutes. We were then lead right on the ship. For tendering in belize we had a high numer (I think it was 31). We just walked down to deck zero and said we were late for our excursion and were told to get right on the next tender. Grand Cayman we did the same.

So you lied to get ahead of the people who were patiently waiting their turn? :mad: Nice.

We were really looking forward to purchasing FFTF. Just for all the perks. The cruise is in mid-April 2014, 150 days from now, and it's already sold out! What? Is it just not available yet or is it already sold out? Has anyone ever been able to get it after it being sold out? Maybe someone canceling?

FTTF sells VERY Fast,

I booked a few weeks ago for the 10/05/14 sailing of the Dream...and WAS able to get FTTF but only 13 were left ...and thats 11 months away !

But if someone cancels, you may have a shot..... check daily !!!

Hi Carnival03 :)

When I phoned Carnival I was told the FTTF program

becomes available 120 days prior to the sail date, and

is available to 50 cabins. However I have read otherwise

within a few posts on here.

Some Cruise Critic members have stated they booked the

FTTF program more than 120 days prior to their sail date.

And some members have stated they saw it listed as sold

out and after time passed it became available.

Also, some members have speculated that if not many diamond

& platinum guests are aboard the cruise, more than 50 FTTF

becomes available. Not sure if I agree with that particular

speculation but it is indeed possible.

The bottom line is, I would certainly keep an eye on it. Hope it

becomes available for you, good luck!

:)

Thanks so much for the insight, checking on FTTF openings will become a daily routine till April!

Must have got a great rate on this cruise considering it ended 10 years ago! I didnt know you could buy FTTF retroactivly.If I do this for my 2006 cruise will it change all my terrible memories of standing in lines to pleasant memories of sprinting past my fellow cruisers.......Perhaps you have discovered a secret lifehack to access a Carnival time machine? :cool:

Yeah oops it should have said Nov 15 2014....

I had the same problem..I waited to long. However some opened up about a month before my cruise and I pounced on it. It does tell you how many are left, the Pride had 5 left when I bought it. Remember no matter how many ppl are in you're cabin you only need to buy one...I learned the hard way :o

So you lied to get ahead of the people who were patiently waiting their turn? :mad: Nice.

Agreed...total *******ery btw if you are on a cruise with HMC or a port that you have to take a tendor...FTTF is TOTALLY worth it!

Ironically after reading all the replies on my thread, I headed on over to Carnivals site to check to see if any opened up, and there was! There was nine left! I brought mine and so glad I got that out of the way. Eight only remain now! Thanks for everyone's help and we are tendering to two ports I believe Cozumel, and Grand Cayman so this $50 should be worth it.