Is the syrup still nasty?

cruisinmeme

You bringing the maple syrup for our cruise? :p

Don't forget to bring the special pancake plates with maple syrup reservoir.:D

Kyle - I hope by then the syrup is changed (although it is only 95 days, so maybe not!). LOVE that plate - very cool idea.

Is the syrup just a bad flavor or does it seem tainted?

Apparently it is maple-flavored?

I don't think it's tainted but just doesn't taste good. Imitation store bought is much more acceptable. It's just weird.

Agree would not bother bringing own as that is what strawberries are good for. My worries exceed syrup :)

Edited by blindrid

Wow. An easy thing to respond to and NCL still doesn't have it right?

Heck stop at the grocery store and pick up some Aunt Jemima NCL.

But for how many thousands? Anyway, I do think they've gotten the message, if not, they will soon with all of us bringing our own. :D:D

Wow crappy syrup. How hard is it to have syrup?

My 4 year old is a big pancake eater, and waffles and french toast. When in doubt its pancakes.

So yes crappy syrup might ruin her cruise...no thank you, will be bringing something just in case.

Crappy syrup...IHop, mc donalds, waffle house even Carnival can get that :eek:right...

Just off the Epic yesterday, and the syrup was fine :)

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Forums mobile app

I am wondering if the "nasty syrup" rumor just got started by people who are used to using the "expensive" real maple syrup (something I don't do) . We just use the cheap Aunt Jemima style (at home) or boil our own sugar water and use maple extract. I think I've had real maple syrup maybe twice in my lifetime .... it was good, but not worth the price, and no restaurants use it... not around here anyhow.

I was on the Dawn last week and had french toast and syrup every day.

In the buffet, I tried both the regular and the sugar free, and preferred the Smuckers sugar free (it was a bit thicker). The regular syrup was OK by me (I actually don't like the thin, pure real maple sugar syrup). It is like most US store bought major brand syrup.

I am wondering if the "nasty syrup" rumor just got started by people who are used to using the "expensive" real maple syrup (something I don't do) . We just use the cheap Aunt Jemima style (at home) or boil our own sugar water and use maple extract. I think I've had real maple syrup maybe twice in my lifetime .... it was good, but not worth the price, and no restaurants use it... not around here anyhow.

At home, I only use real maple syrup - but had no issue with what was served on the Epic.

Just off the Jewel yesterday and my kids ate the syrup everyday without complaint. I had it a few times and seemed fine. Now my real complaint is about the waffle station and how two waffle makers just can't keep up at times. Many lines form in different places with people cutting in the line taking directly from the waffle maker while others wait at the waffle station where they are supposed to be delievered. Omelet stations did pretty good with usually three people waiting at each but the waffles just didn't cut it.

You pretty much have to get someones attention to get some pancakes as they keep them under the counter in a warmer and only put out around 6-8 at a time which is gobbled up immediately until you ask for more.

Maybe they've corrected the syrup issue on some of the ships (based on some posts above) but I can tell you, they haven't corrected it on the Pearl. I just got off the ship yesterday from a week long cruise and it was nasty! NASTY! I am no syrup snob. I have never bought the expensive stuff. I was raised on Aunt Jemima and Log Cabin syrup. What they served was disgusting.

Not here. It didn't taste right. I went to bottled sugar free and it tasted better than what they were serving:(

Can't remember if it was this thread or another about the syrup but some one mentioned going to the naughty room for brining syrup on board. Can't figure that out if it's sealed. I am thinking of bringing some and don't want to have it confiscated. Can anyone elaborate?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

Can't remember if it was this thread or another about the syrup but some one mentioned going to the naughty room for brining syrup on board. Can't figure that out if it's sealed. I am thinking of bringing some and don't want to have it confiscated. Can anyone elaborate?

I think the problem may be that, often times, if they suspect something, instead of just opening up the suitcase and checking it out, which a sealed syrup bottle would have been fine, they call people to the naughty room. I'd rather they just go through the suitcase, if they feel the need, than having to be inconvenienced to waste time with the naughty room. For just one bottle of syrup, make sure it is sealed and carry it on would probably be better.

Even though I never used it, I took syrup. Put in a carry-on (we drove to ship). The agent made me take it out and she really looked it over, then handed it back to me. No problem.