Live From The Golden - Safe And Sound Out Of London

paulmichael

Hey Mike!!

Thanks for posting. So it sounds as if this cruise was as great as you thought that it would be, want to stay onboard and sail with our group coming up next??

I am glad that the party was nice and I am glad that Mr Joseph has been so gracious to the cruise critic groups. It is very kind of him to do this. Our group is so excited.

If I do not talk to you again(because we are leaving tomorrow) thanks again for all of your updates. Although I will probably check in tomorrow morning as I cannot stay away. It was so great to get the perspective of someone who is actually onboard. I hope that you are saving some lobster tails for us;) just kidding.

Linda

Hi Linda: I would love to stay on for the next cruise, but my cat e-mailed me and told me that if I don't get home she is going to sell the house and move to a cat house. Have a safe trip and a great cruise, if you have time post while you are on board. Richard is great and looking forward to another cc group. Try and get to the dock early, it makes it much faster to get on before all the busses get there.

Mike

>>Embarkation for me was easy and fast, not sure why it >>took this person that long. All lines were open when I >>got there around 12:00 and was in my cabin in less >>than

>> 15 min, as was eveyone else in line.

I was there at 15.00 . I saw maybe 1000

people in the hall. and I wait more then 1,5 hours .

That is the fact !

>> The line for first timers was long, but it looked like 3 >>busses had just arived.

Ok that was not really a big problem : 10-20 min in the line, sometimes it was much better.

but embarcation was really a nightmare !

>> The food has been good I have not had a bad meal, >>service at our table has been GREAT.

Berliz (Mr. Douglas Ward in his book Ocean Cruising & Cruise Ships 2005

) gave no really good notes for GP food.

>>Sounds like the person posting just is not into crusing.

Maybe it sounds so but my cabin was C411 and I was there.

Regards

>>Embarkation for me was easy and fast, not sure why it >>took this person that long. All lines were open when I >>got there around 12:00 and was in my cabin in less >>than

>> 15 min, as was eveyone else in line.

I was there at 15.00 . I saw maybe 1000

people in the hall. and I wait more then 1,5 hours .

That is the fact !

>> The line for first timers was long, but it looked like 3 >>busses had just arived.

Ok that was not really a big problem : 10-20 min in the line, sometimes it was much better.

but embarcation was really a nightmare !

>> The food has been good I have not had a bad meal, >>service at our table has been GREAT.

Berliz (Mr. Douglas Ward in his book Ocean Cruising & Cruise Ships 2005

) gave no really good notes for GP food.

>>Sounds like the person posting just is not into crusing.

Maybe it sounds so but my cabin was C411 and I was there.

Regards

Well it's the last night, back to London then home. We have had a Great time, Richard and the staff have been extra good to us CC people. Food and Service has been good and the trip a lot of fun. Sorry is some first timers had a hard time at embarcation, but as cruse more you learn the ins and outs, so for you first timers, get to the dock early, or late, I know if your on a bus you don't have much to say about when you get here, but you learn how to get through the lines.

I hope the next group has as good of time as we did. The weather was great in every port no rain, just sun.. so it's off for a last drink with new friends and then home to the cat.. if she is still speaking to me.

Thanks for looking

Mike

Thanks for posting & safe trip home! ....We are almost ready to leave to board on July 31.... The July 21 cruise is ahead and I hope this thread is kept alive! It has made the "wait" easier and we are getting psyched now for "our turn"....appreciate all the help from the July 11 "guys".....:D

July 21 - have a great cruise :D --- Renee

I agree with Mike,embarkation was a breeze. Got to the pier around 11:30 or so and it took about 15 minutes before we were on board.

Mike, great meeting you and everyone else.

The cruise was simply amazing and we got off today with a tear in our eye!

I'll post a report when I get back tothe states.

carolyn

Archived