ATTN: MSC USA Please Help!

PekingeseLady

I am trying to find out which port we will dock at on our Cristobal, Panama stop. I am the 12/10/13 MSC Divina cruise. I am told that NO cruise ships port in Cristobal any longer. They all dock in Colon. I need to know the name of the dock where we will be. I called MSC, but she is telling me, its Port of Cristobal 1110 Columbus Ave Cristobal, Panama. My guide needs to know if we will be at COLON 2000, HOMEPORT, or GATUN YACHT CLUB? The lady on line said you would only have the same information as she had. Is there anyone you can ask to find out this information for us?

Thank you in advance, Debbie:D

I am trying to find out which port we will dock at on our Cristobal, Panama stop. I am the 12/10/13 MSC Divina cruise. I am told that NO cruise ships port in Cristobal any longer. They all dock in Colon. I need to know the name of the dock where we will be. I called MSC, but she is telling me, its Port of Cristobal 1110 Columbus Ave Cristobal, Panama. My guide needs to know if we will be at COLON 2000, HOMEPORT, or GATUN YACHT CLUB? The lady on line said you would only have the same information as she had. Is there anyone you can ask to find out this information for us?

Thank you in advance, Debbie:D

I was told it definitely was Colon and that no ships port in Cristobal.

Edited by tbmrt
spelling

But which dock in Colon is the question. MSC still says Cristobal.

MSC USA check out this post. They also say a cruise ship hasn't docked in Cristobal since 2010. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1914590&highlight=home+port We should be docking at one of these two docks in Colon. Please verify this for us.

Hi,

We are looking into this for you. At this time, our operations department is very busy preparing for tomorrow's arrival of MSC Divina in PortMiami. We will try to follow-up next week.

Best,

MSC Cruises USA

Thank you so much. This would be greatly appreciated. We are all very excited about her arrival. :D

Hi,

We are looking into this for you. At this time, our operations department is very busy preparing for tomorrow's arrival of MSC Divina in PortMiami. We will try to follow-up next week.

Best,

MSC Cruises USA

Thanks MSC...look forward to your response!

Hello,

The MSC Divina will be docking in the Port of Cristobal sometimes referred to as the Cristobal Pier. The address to the Port's offices are:

Port of Cristobal

Building 1010

Roosevelt Ave.

P.O. Box 0301-03240

Best,

Hello,

The MSC Divina will be docking in the Port of Cristobal sometimes referred to as the Cristobal Pier. The address to the Port's offices are:

Port of Cristobal

Building 1010

Roosevelt Ave.

P.O. Box 0301-03240

Best,

Thank you MSC USA for you response. Are you for sure on our port being Cristobal and not Colon. Everywhere I read the Cristobal port is not used by cruise ships since 2010. Did you confirm this with the Ship, Captain? I only ask because when I called your office I did get this information from what their computer said, but because I am told cruise ships don't dock there, I'm hoping you could confirm this port with the Divina.

Thank you MSC USA for you response. Are you for sure on our port being Cristobal and not Colon. Everywhere I read the Cristobal port is not used by cruise ships since 2010. Did you confirm this with the Ship, Captain? I only ask because when I called your office I did get this information from what their computer said, but because I am told cruise ships don't dock there, I'm hoping you could confirm this port with the Divina.

This has been confirmed with our operations department. If you need any additional information on the port, here is the official website: http://www.ppc.com.pa/maritime.php.

Best,

You know....I hate to point out the obvious...but...

I have done many many private excursions, and usually for a group of people so I always have to have the plans firmed up

the private excursion companies want your business....

their livelihood depends on it...and keeping customers happy and

referrals and good reviews keep them going

therefore : THE PRIVATE EXCURSION COMPANIES KNOW WHERE THE SHIPS ARE, WHEN THEY COME IN AND WHERE TO MEET YOU

Your tour guy will surely know where and when this huge new ship, MSC Divina is docking. Any place that depends on ships for tourism makes a big deal when a new ship comes in anyhow - just as our local south florida papers and news had info on Divina

The people there will know and be looking for the new ship - trust me there will be vendors out there no matter where she docks LOL

The tour guides are in touch with the ports, the ship schedules....they will meet you.....

If they don't....then you don't even want to trust them to take you on a private excursion

MY guess - your tour guide will find you - send him the info you are given and tell him to be sure to check with port, his connections there in Panama

have fun :)

Edited by sharecruises

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Fantastic customer service here. We are soooo excited about our cruise. Can hardly wait to board the beautiful Divina in less then a week. I can tell you how grateful we all are for having you monitor the boards.:D

We can't wait to welcome you aboard the beautiful MSC Divina! We're glad we were able to help. Safe travels!

I agree with both of you. But Jackie from Embrea Village Tours had emailed us, needing to know which pier. I have given her all this information, and asked her to confirm it locally. Since she is there.

A friend of mine visited the Embrea Indians on a Carnival cruise and still raves about that "magical" day <grin> Lucky YOU ....Have fun :)