missed ports

dyin2cruz

I do believe you get the port fees back but nothing else. However, sometimes they try to re route and go to a different destination. If possible.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

You are correct. You will also have any excursions booked and paid for through the cruiseline refunded to your Seapass as an onboard credit.

We've never gotten port fees back (we have missed ports several times on Disney, twice on RCL (that I recall) and occasionally on other lines.

My understanding is that many ports collect the fees to hold the place and do not refund them even if the ship is unable to get in (they still have to have personnel there and ready to work that day, etc so it does make sense IMO).

Then again, we have never been charged extra when routed to a different, pricier port either. So it's all good IMO.

Edited by NHDisneylover

We've never gotten port fees back (we have missed ports several times on Disney, twice on RCL (that I recall) and occasionally on other lines.

My understanding is that many ports collect the fees to hold the place and do not refund them even if the ship is unable to get in (they still have to have personnel there and ready to work that day, etc so it does make sense IMO).

Then again, we have never been charged extra when routed to a different, pricier port either. So it's all good IMO.

Then does that mean the new port got the fee? Because I doubt very much the cruise line footed the bill because the new port didn't let the ship dock for free.

Then does that mean the new port got the fee? Because I doubt very much the cruise line footed the bill because the new port didn't let the ship dock for free.

At times we have not gotten into port and not had a replacement (but not gotten a refund). At times, we have gotten replacement ports (including, at least once, docking in a port i knew to be much pricier than our original planned port) and not had to pay any more. Once we successfully docked but the waves were too high to safely allow anyone off the ship, tug boats pushed against us for several hours to keep the ship steady and not allow it to slam into the dock and we left at the first safe chance to do so (but still close to our scheduled departure time). I am sure there must have been an extra charge for the two tugs running all day who held us in place. We were not charged extra for that either.

I just assume that once in a while the ship does have to cough up extra money for replacement ports--they must have it built into their budget. When you are dealing with oceans and weather and the like you have to plan on these types of things happening from time to time.