Dawn: Cabin # 10000

dongordon

Has anyone had Cabin #10000?

How was the service and was it very windy when the ship was cruising?

I looked at it briefly on my last voyage on the Dawn and I am not sure if it had a sliding glass door to the balcony.

Don

hi- i stayed in #10026 a few weeks ago and the rooms do have sliding glass doors to the balcony! the service was excellent- especially from the room stewards. i had fernando and jeanette and they were very good. kept the room spotless and always gave us extra towels and turndown the room every night! you will not be disappointed!:)

Don, I had the same concerns and posted a number of questions, particularly about whether the deck was too windy too use while under sail.

The answers came back about 50/50. My ultimate conclusion was that it is great while in port, but probably not so pleasant for reading while at sea, or at least the 2 days up and down. In full summer it would probably be ok though.

I was also concerned about privacy. The bow cabins on 10 are directly under the bridge overhang. 10000 in particular has an overhang, which could provide privacy as well as shade, but when you step out of that overhang you are right under the bridge's slanted window.

There are some pics on the web that show this quite dramatically - but I don't have the link handy. It might be at the www dot cruisediva dot com site (replace the dots with . and eliminate the spaces).

Anyways, do a search for posts by me and you'll see some useful threads.

Also, we are sailing July 31 and I will post what in my not so humble mind will be the definitive answer on whether bow cabins are usable under way! (wink)

Oh, and as to the service, from everthing I've read your butler and concierge can be expected to be awesome. Their identity can change and probably will as many are rotating to the new Jewel end of this month.

Good morning Trina,

Could you do Don and I a favor and just peek in room 10000 and see if there is a significant difference in room size as compared to your cabin? Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Just wondering, because we still have the option to switch to one of the deck 9 cabins. Thanks,

Mike

sq. footage listed as 378 for #10000 vs. 314 sq.ft. for cabin #9000.

The balcony, which is really a deck, are both approx. 134 sq. ft. (huge). The balcony is very useable when at sea if the sea is normal. If sea is rough with winds you may not be able to sit out. However, when useable it is a real treat.

TrinLC:

I was booked in #10000 for 8/14 but got an upsell to an AA. I too was concerned about the privacy of the Bridge looking down. I gave it a lot of thought. (1) I hoped that the officers on the bridge had better things to do than look down at me. (2) My wife and I do not sun in the nude (3) Would it be any different if we sat at the pool area? (4) If I did not look up, I would not know if an officer is looking down, so who cares. My conclousion was that it was more important to get the extra 50 sq. ft. of cabin space. Frankly, when this issue was raised on this board I became more concerned and was glad to get the upsell to resolve the issue. Now, if the Bridge looks down at me and I find it annoying, I can always go and sit on the side balcony.

We took an AA upsell as well! from 9502 to 9506. I wasn't worried about the privacy on 9, and would rather the bigger deck than cabin, but I was worried we would lose all use of the balcony while underway if it was windy, and even in port in adverse weather. The extra money for the addition of the side balcony was worth it - not to mention all the spoiling an AA will provide!

Out of curiousity, did they call you, or you them? In our case, the latter.

Archived