When are the dining changes going to happen?

ThreeYellowLabs

Does anyone know when they are making the changes with dining? Is this something that is happening in the next few weeks or months from now?:o

Wasn't the meeting last week. I read nothing about any outcomes or minutes from the meeting. I suppose the next follow up meeting will be in 1 to 2 years.

From JH facebook -

Hi John

Any updates on the dining/menu changes?

- We announce this next week and I will have all the details for you. Cheers

Was this something he stated again today because he stated this same thing several weeks ago.

Okay, to answer my own question, I see he just stated it this today ONCE AGAIN. Seriously, I am not going to hold my breath.

I just hope it isn't something that everyone will regret.

They truly are brilliant

Those that cruised with JH in the early 90's will remember his buzz word back then was "spiffing", as in have a "spiffing" fun day at sea, or have a "spiffing" time in Cozumel. Maybe he should go back to that!! :D

From JH facebook -

Hi John

Any updates on the dining/menu changes?

- We announce this next week and I will have all the details for you. Cheers

So can we have fun and speculate wildly. They are making the escargot appetizer in a dinner portion with 4 pound Sails.

Those that cruised with JH in the early 90's will remember his buzz word back then was "spiffing", as in have a "spiffing" fun day at sea, or have a "spiffing" time in Cozumel. Maybe he should go back to that!! :D

Your showing your age again.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

He asked yesterday if people would perfer to sit alone or with strangers. Majority or response i seen was with there own family.. Could carnival be ready to switch to ncl type dinning you sit with your party only ?

Hope not. That change would ultimately kill the community feel. Then it's just a bunch of people on a boat.

He asked yesterday if people would perfer to sit alone or with strangers. Majority or response i seen was with there own family.. Could carnival be ready to switch to ncl type dinning you sit with your party only ?

That's really sad .

People have become so disconnected from one another in today's world.

We love sitting with the same group and hearing stories. It will be very sad to see something like that happen but doesn't surprise me .:(

Let's face it, with 3-4000 people on a ship at any given time, there is no way they can make everyone happy - no matter what they do.

Lots of people are against the comfort food but one night there wasn't anything on the menu that looked good so I tried the fried chicken and it was good. Some love the Guy's burgers whereas others said it was greasy. Some like dining with strangers, others feel uncomfortable. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

That's really sad .

People have become so disconnected from one another in today's world.

We love sitting with the same group and hearing stories. It will be very sad to see something like that happen but doesn't surprise me .:(

I have to disagree with you. I was so happy they added the ATD and the equivalents on other lines so that I wouldn't be forced to sit with strangers at dinner. I am with the majority of those that posted on John Heald's FB post, I want to sit with my family or traveling group only. I am not anti-social, I just like to choose who I have dinner conversation with.

On one cruise with traditional dining I ended up sitting next to an elderly lady with memory issues. She was very nice but told the same stories over and over EVERY night. Nobody was willing to switch seats with me. :( On another one it was a large table with my DH, DD who was 10 and an older couple who was in their 70's. Nobody else assigned to the table ever showed up. My daughter was miserable.

Edited by Mysticks1

I disagree I'm one who just wants to sit with my family ..

Me too! If I want to talk to people on the ship, I can find a way to do so. We met a couple sitting down at a bar and struck up a conversation with them. We still email each other from time-to-time. I don't want to sit at a table getting ready to eat dinner and be asked about my life history. Or sit at a table with people who can't speak English (that was awkward), or have a different political view point. Politics, religion and dining just don't mix.:cool: