Where can I find modern home accessories in Fort Lauderdale

queenL

We are going to have a lot of time to kill post cruise. I've been to FLL many times before and am looking for something a little different. I love modern design and I've heard great things about the Design District in the FLL/MIA area. Are there any nice stores (not too expensive) where I could find modern home accessories? Along the lines of a Z Gallerie or an I.O Metro.

Queen, Lived on the Beach. About the only thing I miss is this market which stretches for several blocks on the Lincoln Road outdoors Mall on various Sundays. This year starts Oct13. Last one May 4,14. Look up schedule on line. Its worth staying Miami Beach just for market.Great variety, not a flea market. Deco, furs, NY jewelers, antiques. I used to go at 8AM. Design District OK, rather expensive.They have an Ikea up North near FtLauderdale.

Edited by zoncom

There is a Home Goods in Fort Lauderdale at Coral Ridge Mall, as well as TJMaxx and Marshalls. There is a Z Gallerie at Mizner Park in Boca Raton. I've never heard of a "design district" in Fort Lauderdale, but there are lots of furniture stores on N. Federal Hwy just north of Oakland Park Blvd.

There is a Design District in mid-town Miami.

There is a Z Gallerie and West Elm at Gulfstream Park Village in Hallandale Beach.

On rare occasions, Design Center of the Americas (DCOTA), between Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale, is open to the public, but it is mostly for the trade.