What is there to do at the port?

LisaT12

Hi There. Are there any tours of Belize City that you can take when you arrive at the dock? What else is there to do at the port? Are taxi's easily available? Is there anything within walking distance? I am set with our stops in Cozumel (which we always love) and Progreso - but nothing is really hitting me with Belize. I think I would like to be spontaneous and just see what is there when we arrive. Any suggestions if we do not want to make reservations -- we have 2 daughters 10 and 8? Thanks for your help!!

There is little to do right at the port - A few shops, nothing special. I understand there is a crafts center within walking distance, but I have not been there.

At the pier there are vendors selling private tours along with a tourist desk. You can also walk to the water taxi and take to to Caulker Cay, but if you do be sure to check the schedule to make sure that you are back on time.

If you decide to take a tour your daughters might like the Zoo or Baboon Sanctuary. Both are available from vendors at the pier.

On the street just in front of the terminal, to the left, there are street vendors selling all the tourist stuff. Also in the terminal area there is a drugstore that I have heard sells drugs much cheaper then in USA.

We, along with two other couples we met at breakfast that morning, took a tour of the city in an airconditioned Bronco. We found the guy just outside the terminal. It was about $20pp for about 1 1/2 hours. Very interesting.

Belize--- Cave Tubing or stay on the ShipMy Family of four girl14 boy 10 were scheduled to cave tube with YHonny at Cave tubing.com much more reasonable than carnival and reccommended onthese boards, Heavy Rain caused the Govt. to close the caves(happens about 4 times a year-our luck) Yhonny offered a Plan B tour,but we declined. We walked around the town and were hasseledby the street venders- Some Hair braiding women evenapproached my daughter-SEVERAL times and she became nervous. Economy is in need. The wter taxi is agreat alternative but you must check the schedule.. Yhonny answered all my Emails directly and felt very secure with him--I regret not taking him up on his plan B tour. I do not know how to put his link onto this but u can find it on these boards. Have fun

Archived