Can anyone recommend a Honolulu hotel with a great pool?

jensue1

We are looking for a good hotel in Honolulu with a great pool for 6 nights before our cruise in September. I have read about hilton hawaiian village but it looks very spread out. I wondered if anyone had any other suggestions?

Sometimes when you live on the island you take your vacations on the island.. We have stayed at HHV and loved it, the pools are awesome and the lagoon is fun too, you can rent paddle boards and boats there. We have also stayed at the Marriott Waikiki but I don't remember if we used their pool or not but I think it was just a simple pool. HHV pretty large and if you're mobility impaired, it might not be the best choice, but we are young and enjoyed walking everywhere we went. Lots of restaurants within a mile. And the best breakfast place in Waikiki is just across the street. Wailana Coffee House, super cheap and filling, but get there early because there will be a line out the door. Anyway my kids LOVED HHV and us adults enjoyed it just as much.

PS if you're going with kids, there are penguins at HHV and you can watch their feedings. Kind of interesting for the kids.

The Sheraton Waikiki has a beautiful adults only infinity pool right on the ocean. You can also use the other pool that is right there between the Sheraton and the Royal Hawaiian. This is more of a family pool with more fun features.

Another vote for the HHV ... they have multiple pools, so you get to take your pick. But the huge plus IMO is the depth of the beach. Much of Waikiki consists of a narrow strip of beach, but the HHV has an awesome beach. We had so much fun in the water there.\

And Jeen is right ... Loved the Wailana Coffee shop across the street for breakfast. $10 for steak and eggs.

I stayed at HHV for 5 nights exactly a year ago. Yes, it's huge, but the pools are good (always got a spot, even late morning!) and the beach in front of it is the widest on Waikiki.

I would walk along the beach from HHV down to Duke's a few times for Happy Hour. The infinity pool at the Sheraton was always active at sundown. Those would be my two choices for places to stay.