Orlando hotels??

Karen Lynn

Karen Lynn...there are alot of hotels on International Drive. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn a few years ago and it was great. The only 'thing' about this area is that it is a hotel area...no shopping to walk to or stores. There are a few restaurants. The theme parks aren't too far away. You will need either a car or taxi. Just Google Orlando hotels and you'll get lots of response. Refine your search to International Drive and they will be listed.

I happen to like La Quinta hotels, and am staying at one at the airport prior to my cruise. Haven't stayed at this particular one so hopefully it is up to par with their others. They have a free breakfast, as do Hampton Inns, and maybe others. The Fairfield Inn had free breakfast as well.

Hope this helps.

My favorite pre-cruise hotel in Orlando is the Hyatt at the airport. It is sooooo nice to get off the plane after a long day of flying and just walk across the airport to your hotel room. No taxis, rental cars, etc .... And, the hotel has a decent restaurant. I also found the hotel to be quite clean -- and I am picky!

The only downside is that I find the rooms a little pricey, but I justify as a convenience fee!

• 2 weeks later...

I just bid Priceline for Orlando and got the Peabody near Sea World for $70 a night. Great price for a 4 Star hotel! And they have the duck walk! If you've stayed in a Peabody you know what that is :)

We elceted to stay in Orlando, as we get in pretty late the night before our cruise, and just are not up to driving another hour to the port.

I just got an email from the Orlando Vistitors Bureau. I use this website whenever we are plannning a Florida vacation.

Last year we went to Discovery Cove/Sea World and stayed at a Comfort Inn on International Drive.....hotel with the Orlando Magic Card was reg $59.00 night we paid $36.00 per night and the kids ate free with a paying adult.

they have all price ranges and quality hotels on the web site.

Check them out at www.orlandoinfo.com

dondonma

Archived