Questions about Sunshine's.....

KPfromCT

arrival into NOLA today..:D

I can only seem to find one webcam, which is focused on the aft of the Elation, pretty close up. Seems super foggy there, right now.

When the Sunshine is coming in, does their camera pan around, like the FL webcams, or am I looking at the wrong webcam?:confused::confused:

Thank you in advance.

Edited by KPfromCT
elation, not ecstasy

Hmmmmm....my bad. Could have sworn it was today. Remember that contest they had, and the winners get to spend a night on her in NOLA? Almost positive I saw a post yesterday, that it was tonight. It's been a loooooooong week.:o:o

arrival into NOLA today..:D

I can only seem to find one webcam, which is focused on the aft of the Elation, pretty close up. Seems super foggy there, right now.

When the Sunshine is coming in, does their camera pan around, like the FL webcams, or am I looking at the wrong webcam?:confused::confused:

Thank you in advance.

Is this what you are looking for?

http://ships.carnivalentertainment.com/ships/view-ship/id/32

The Sunshine was scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning but is ahead of schedule and will arrive at 11 pm tonight. The camera you see only takes that picture you see every 60 seconds.

Sent using the Cruise Critic app

How did you find this out?? I was planning on getting up at 5:00 am tomorrow morning to watch her come in to NOLA

How did you find this out?? I was planning on getting up at 5:00 am tomorrow morning to watch her come in to NOLA

A few good friends on board her right now. The captain told them 2 days ago they'd be in New Orleans at 11 tonight. She's not far from the mouth of the river right now so it might be even earlier than the 11 o'clock.

One other thing to consider is that the Norwegian Jewel is also going to be docked at the port of New Orleans tomorrow. It's possible that the Jewel might block the webcam view of the Sunshine. It will just depend on which one docks in front of the camera position.

One other thing to consider is that the Norwegian Jewel is also going to be docked at the port of New Orleans tomorrow. It's possible that the Jewel might block the webcam view of the Sunshine. It will just depend on which one docks in front of the camera position.

The Jewel uses the dock downriver of the one you see the Elation at right now. So you'll see the Sunshine. The Jewel will be out of view.

Edited by gregg204

Once you enter the mouth of the river, how long to the cruise terminal?

We did Star last Christmas. Seems like it was about 7 hours from NOLA to the Gulf. Looking forward to Sunshine in March with a longer daylight time so we can see more of the Mississippi's shoreline.

Edited by Havinsnest

7-8 hours going upriver.

Hello my buddy gregg, the marine traffic has it around Fort Jackson so it may be there before 11pm. I know you can't wait to get on Monday and go so y'all have fun tracking her. I knew I would find you here. Hehe!:D

Hello my buddy gregg, the marine traffic has it around Fort Jackson so it may be there before 11pm. I know you can't wait to get on Monday and go so y'all have fun tracking her. I knew I would find you here. Hehe!:D

It's Turbo!!!!!! Ha

A couple of things.

The sunshine is already in the Mississippi River near Buras-triumph Louisiana.

That would put her at the dock by around 8 pm tonight.

Nola.com/live has some decent webcams but will be hard to view after dark tonight.