2 Quick Questions for Celebrity Cruisers

curtdesilets

Can't answser your question about tea, although I'm sure its Twinnings, but def never seen Truvia on any of the 3 Celebrity ships we've been on.

You can get it in packets of small sachets, which are handy to take away with you, if that's any help :)

Lou

Last year the tea was individually wrapped bags by Mhai Diva, hopefully it is still the same. Big selection including Darjeeling, Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Rooibos, Herbal, Cinnamon, Green, Camomile, Mango, etc.

I always bring my own box of Stevia in the Raw (green packet) which no one seems to have on land and at sea :eek:

Yes, I bring a bag along of the raw Stevia also. I carry it daily normally anyway. DH likes the pink sweet & low. The ships will sometimes carry the colors but will have a different name brand. Rather just carry what I know I will use and enjoy!

Looks like we will pack a week's supply of Truvia in our luggage. I'm sure the Tea will be fine, whatever they provide. We aren't that fickle.

One thing I sometimes see...all of the Green Tea disappears amazingly by the 2nd or 3rd cruise day. Someone (s) must be hoarding them. :cool:

After seeing this post I looked up Truvia as I had never heard of it and found an article which had this paragraph in it. Realising now I am glad I don't know or use Truvia after reading this.

"Thanks to a false-advertising job well-done, many health conscious consumers have been tricked into believing that Truvia is the same thing as Stevia. The (disappointing) truth is that, despite the fact that Truvia is marketed as a “stevia-based sugar substitute,” it is NOT equivalent to Stevia. Not even close, actually. Get this: the ingredient list for Truvia is as follows: Erythritol, Rebiana and Natural Flavors. Just three ingredients and Stevia isn’t even one of them. That right there should tell us something (for starters, not to trust the product manufacturer…which by the way is Coca-Cola teamed up with a company called Cargill…)"

Hoping some other forumers can advise you if it will be available on-board if you are hoping to use it.

After seeing this post I looked up Truvia as I had never heard of it and found an article which had this paragraph in it. Realising now I am glad I don't know or use Truvia after reading this.

"Thanks to a false-advertising job well-done, many health conscious consumers have been tricked into believing that Truvia is the same thing as Stevia. The (disappointing) truth is that, despite the fact that Truvia is marketed as a “stevia-based sugar substitute,” it is NOT equivalent to Stevia. Not even close, actually. Get this: the ingredient list for Truvia is as follows: Erythritol, Rebiana and Natural Flavors. Just three ingredients and Stevia isn’t even one of them. That right there should tell us something (for starters, not to trust the product manufacturer…which by the way is Coca-Cola teamed up with a company called Cargill…)"

Hoping some other forumers can advise you if it will be available on-board if you are hoping to use it.

My wife swears by it... http://truvia.com/about

That sounds much better than the site I looked up.

Apparently Truvia recently settled a class-action lawsuit about their use of the term "natural" recently. Closer investigation showed that the group filing these charges had targeted numerous companies for the same thing. Seems a bit fishy, or shall I say "phishy". :cool: