Alhambra and stroller

bearette

I am filled with stroller questions. I thought I read you have to check a stroller at the Alhambra. Is that correct? we will have a few hours on a day tour to visit. Should we leave it on the bus while we tour? I am not worried about them napping for the 2-3 hour visit,but they get heavy after a while... Will be 20 months old twins.

Since noone has answered, I'll venture an opinion. The terrain in the Alhambra is rough...lots of steps, hills, thresholds. It would be difficult for a HC person, and I would think a stroller (or two) would face the same obstacles. I do not remember if there were strollers there, nor do I remember any signs about strollers. However, you might ask on the Disabled Cruisers board here if they thought it would be doable with a stroller. EM

I am going through my pictures from 2009,and I just found one with a stroller!

Edited by Essiesmom

Hi Bearette,

We will be on the Spirit 22 Nov as well. We have 2 young boys-2 and 3. We spent 15 days in Andalusia about 4 months ago and a day at the Alhambra. It was a lovely visit. The main tour (with the time slot) is the only time that you need to check your stroller and it is easy to do. It's a good walk to get there and it's a good distance between Generalife and Alhambra. We had our stroller with us and I want to say that we were glad we did but honestly, it was a beautiful day and our boys loved running and walking. We weren't under any time constraints though. I'm realizing that this isn't a helpful response at all.

Here is my husband carrying our stroller up the stairs at Generalife, with the audio guide at his ear ;).

1009800_10153029928340354_2077876038_n.jpg.ac7140f67cda3bc002c219532242a182.jpg