Excursions with Princess in South pacific

lallarebecca

Hi!

We´re sailing with Pacific Princess next fall in November, roundtrip from Tahiti in the South pacific.

I´ve been checking the excursions for our ports of call on the Princess website, but it seems that the excursions they do offer are very few, and most of them are no longer than 2-3 hours max.

Does anyone have experience from this? Will more excursions be available later or is it best to book on your own with local companies?

If it is offered and you are going to Bora Bora I recommmend the walking on the sea bed with helmet As a non swimmer frightened of water I did this and it is the most marvellous thing I had done to that time.

If you're going to Bora Bora, I would suggest a m o t u picnic. They include cute little covered boats, swimming with sting rays,(my husband and I stayed in the boat tho'), feeding reef sharks and a picnic and BBQ on a m o t u (small island within the reef). By the way, "hi" Yvonne, I missed the Grand SA with you, but am on the Golden to SA this Jan.

These m o t u picnics can be easily set up privately for groups. Sorry, my spellcheck keeps changing m o t u to moth. I had to try to fool it.

Linda

we were on Ocean P in Tahiti last year and had great excursions. Most of the islands except Bora Bora and Moorea are not that developed, so the excursions are low key ones but there were a number of options each time. Many people liked Rangiroa as it was very natural and unsophisticated. In Bora Bora, you may want to check out a private tour with Patrick - I cannot recommend it highly enough. Have fun, Tahitian islands are heavenly :)

Hi!

We´re sailing with Pacific Princess next fall in November, roundtrip from Tahiti in the South pacific.

I´ve been checking the excursions for our ports of call on the Princess website, but it seems that the excursions they do offer are very few, and most of them are no longer than 2-3 hours max.

Does anyone have experience from this? Will more excursions be available later or is it best to book on your own with local companies?

We took the 28 day South Pacific cruise last year and most of the excursions we took were at least a half day. Moorea was the prettiest island

we were on Ocean P in Tahiti last year and had great excursions. Most of the islands except Bora Bora and Moorea are not that developed, so the excursions are low key ones but there were a number of options each time. Many people liked Rangiroa as it was very natural and unsophisticated. In Bora Bora, you may want to check out a private tour with Patrick - I cannot recommend it highly enough. Have fun, Tahitian islands are heavenly :)

The tour with Patrick in Bora Bora has to be the best, or one of the best, tours we have done on any of our 50 cruises. On Moorea, I suggest hiring a car and driving around the island. In Papeete, it is easy to pick up a tour on the dock.

The tour with Patrick in Bora Bora has to be the best, or one of the best, tours we have done on any of our 50 cruises. On Moorea, I suggest hiring a car and driving around the island. In Papeete, it is easy to pick up a tour on the dock.

by far the VERY BEST tour we ever did in 30 plus cruises was Patrick's tour...dont miss it...if you search this site you will see dozens of cruisers who feel the same way...have a great time!

We did a couple of the ships excursions last February. The snorkle/motu picnic was awesome. The guide was woman named Dolores, and the tour was like being included in a local family picnic. We also enjoyed the 4x4 trip to see the waterfalls on Tahiti. On Bora Bora we did tours through Patricks group. He does have a 3/4 day snorkle/stingray/motu picnic that is awesome. The 1/2 day 4x4 trip was also good, but the trails are very rough and not for bad backs.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

by far the VERY BEST tour we ever did in 30 plus cruises was Patrick's tour...dont miss it...if you search this site you will see dozens of cruisers who feel the same way...have a great time!

Yes he is . years ago we toured with albert, his father, and they really know the islands best.