Enchantment to Halifax 7/7 - 7/11 Just got back

We cruised out of Cape Liberty to Halifax. It was a good thing we packed light jackets, it was chilly most of the trip. Mornings were cold.

RCCL's Enchantment is a beautiful ship and the crew was very friendly.

We did two tours (tried to squeeze in as much as possible). The Horse Drawn Trolley in the morning was ok, would not do it again. Our tour operator pointed out things like hospitals, showed us pictures of the Canadian Flower and Dog. They said they were going to let us quickly hop off/hop on to take pictures of the Citadell, they just passed right by. (On top of the hill where the Citadell was it was cold, would recommend bringing a light jacket.) They were supposed to give you the option of dropping you off downtown, they never did and brought everyone back to the ship.

Our afternoon tour was the Pub Tour. Excellent and would do it again. Our group was all different ages and everyone had a great time. The tour operators goal was for you to have fun. There were bands, kilts, singing and a free beer at the three different pubs.

We walked the Harbourwalk (dock) between trips. There are shops and restaurants and fast food vendors to grab a quick bite. We didn't have a lot of time between tours, so we did it quickly. The harbourwalk is very close to the ship, easy to find and follow.

Had a great time but next time I am going somewhere warmer :)

Crammer315 ~ Thank you so much for your review of the RCI excursions of Halifax. My two sisters and I will be on the Enchantment Sept. 18th.

Think we had better pack a light jacket if it was that cool in July.

I have a question for you about money. When it's time to tip the tour operator...will they take american? Or should I try to exchange some US currency before I leave? Will merchants in Canada take US currency?

Thanks so much!

Hi, as far as I understand the American dollar is worth more than the Canadian. I was told to pay for things while in Halifax (shops) by credit card and the credit card company will adjust on the bill.

Yes they take American Currency. I had no trouble when doing the Pub tour.

I saw no one tip the tour operators. Normally when we go out of the US, like the Caribbean they ask for tips (or remind you there is a tip jar on the way out).

I would pack some capri's, just in case.

Enjoy your trip and feel free to ask questions, if I can answer them I will.:)

We are cruising on the Enchantment August 14. We heard about the pub tour, but when Royal Caribbean sent us the shore excursion list, it was not on it. Can we book it directly? Glad to hear the ship was beautiful. Some postings have not been favorable. Thanks for your help - Debi.

wjcdac: You are right! The Pub Tour isn't in the "Explorations!" booklet OR online. HHHHMMMM............it was there LAST year.

Call RCI and ask. Are you a member of Crown & Anchor? If so, call them instead. You can often get better information from them.

Carol

Our Explorations excursion guide for the Enchantment 9/4 sailing has a

"Historical Pubs of Halifax" tour- could that be the one being referred to? Maybe the history part being tossed in is to make it sound more ugh....classy?? Whatever- we love beer!

And of course history is important as well.....

Adults- $58.00, Child $58.00- (but you have to be 19 years to paraticipate)

Maybe they are referring to those who ACT like children but aren't....

at any rate- it's tour HXH in our tour book, p. 28.

That's really weird, Holomuku. I looked at LAST YEAR'S excursions list, and that's EXACTLY what I found, even the same code. But it's really NOT on the website or in the book that they sent us. I suspect a typo/printer/proofreading error, but that doesn't help someone who wants to sign up for it before the cruise. :(

Fortunately, that's NOT what we're going to do in Halifax. :)

Carol

Carol-

very odd- we did book this cruise in January and got the book probably 6-8 weeks ago- maybe they had to do a new publish of it and were using up the old ones or something? Good news is it does say Sep 4-2005 on the front.

Or maybe some of us are in a time warp??

holomuku:

I found some tours on the RCL Shore Excusion web site that weren't even listed in the shore excursions booklet for our cruise. Go figure.

I am doubtful we will have an official meet & mingle for our sailing as we don't have nearly the required # of 25.

I think we only have 6 more weeks to go!!

Archived