Caribbean Princess Entertainment & Shows??

doublej

What are the best shows, performances, or entertainment currently on the Caribbean Princess? Are there any to avoid? We (40+ of various ages) will be boarding on Nov. 23 for a relaxing Thanksgiving week. Any comments will be appreciated.

We got an e-mail on 11/9 from Princess with information about the shows and entertainment for the Nov. 23 cruise. Didn't you get that? Here is what it said:

• Original Productions

Spectacular shows in our theater are a hallmark of every cruise with Princess. Here are a couple of the shows scheduled for your upcoming cruise:

BORN TO BE WILD: With rock on the radio, we hit the road in a Pink Cadillac passing landscapes and encountering colorful characters on a spectacular media backdrop.

CARIBBEAN CALIENTE: A hot latin show covering music and dance from Miami, Cuba, Mexico and the Caribbean Islands.

• Movies Under the Stars

Cozy-up on a lounge chair with complimentary popcorn as you take in a movie, sporting event or concert like youve never experienced before. Shows being featured during your sailing on our 300 square foot outdoor screen include:

MAN OF STEEL: Starring Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon. Directed by Zack Snyder. Rated PG-13, 143 min.

THE WAY WAY BACK: Starring Steve Carell, Toni Collette. Directed by Nat Faxon, Jim Rash. Rated PG-13, 103 min.

• Guest Entertainers

At Princess, we invite some of the worlds best entertainers including comedians, magicians and guest singers onboard to delight our guests. Heres a few on your upcoming cruise:

Carlos Oscar: Comedy For All! *WINNER OF PRINCESS CRUISES 2011 ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR*

Hawley Magic: Hawley Magic was mostly recently seen on Americas Got Talent. Out of 75,000 acts they were chosen to perform live on primetime TV in the finals. They are a husband and wife team that have performed together around the world for the past ten years.

We got an e-mail on 11/9 from Princess with information about the shows and entertainment for the Nov. 23 cruise. Didn't you get that? Here is what it said:

• Original Productions

Spectacular shows in our theater are a hallmark of every cruise with Princess. Here are a couple of the shows scheduled for your upcoming cruise:

BORN TO BE WILD: With rock on the radio, we hit the road in a Pink Cadillac passing landscapes and encountering colorful characters on a spectacular media backdrop.

CARIBBEAN CALIENTE: A hot latin show covering music and dance from Miami, Cuba, Mexico and the Caribbean Islands.

• Movies Under the Stars

Cozy-up on a lounge chair with complimentary popcorn as you take in a movie, sporting event or concert like youve never experienced before. Shows being featured during your sailing on our 300 square foot outdoor screen include:

MAN OF STEEL: Starring Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon. Directed by Zack Snyder. Rated PG-13, 143 min.

THE WAY WAY BACK: Starring Steve Carell, Toni Collette. Directed by Nat Faxon, Jim Rash. Rated PG-13, 103 min.

• Guest Entertainers

At Princess, we invite some of the worlds best entertainers including comedians, magicians and guest singers onboard to delight our guests. Heres a few on your upcoming cruise:

Carlos Oscar: Comedy For All! *WINNER OF PRINCESS CRUISES 2011 ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR*

Hawley Magic: Hawley Magic was mostly recently seen on Americas Got Talent. Out of 75,000 acts they were chosen to perform live on primetime TV in the finals. They are a husband and wife team that have performed together around the world for the past ten years.

Just returned from the Nov 9-16 Caribbean Princess cruise. Here's my take on the shows:

Production Shows (3) - All were good, of course the same singers and dancers for all. The one not mentioned above was Piano Man which was my favorite.

Comedian-his name escapes me but was pretty good, he did two nights (Sun and Tue I believe). Two different shows.

Hawley Magic - one night, not my favorite show although they are good magicians. Lots of disappearing tricks.

Cash and Friends - Country Western duo who did Johnny Cash and June Carter tunes. OK if you like CW. They did another show in one of the lounges a couple days later, called themselves "Marny Fletcher" for that one. It was "new" country and not bad.

The most popular act was the piano player in Crooner's, drew a big crowd every night, they had to add folding chairs.

Overall a good mix of entertainment and all were well received.

For our November 30 cruise, the email has the same as Mary Ann 2 listed except ours has instead of Carlos Oscar:

Miguel Washington: As seen on NBC CBS ABC FOX BET's Comic View and is a favorite all over country and comedy clubs

The entertainers move around, and those who were on one cruise may not be the ones scheduled for the next. The movies and production shows also change, but not so much.

For our November 30 cruise, the email has the same as Mary Ann 2 listed except ours has instead of Carlos Oscar:

Miguel Washington: As seen on NBC CBS ABC FOX BET's Comic View and is a favorite all over country and comedy clubs

The entertainers move around, and those who were on one cruise may not be the ones scheduled for the next. The movies and production shows also change, but not so much.

That's funny, I saw Miguel Washington on the Golden during a 3 day out of LA just a couple weeks ago. He must be making the rounds on Princess ships. I thought he was good. He did shows on two different night. I went to both. Much better than the Caliente show, but then that suffered mostly because of the singers.

We were on the repositioning cruise to Houston and I thought the singers in the production shows were not up to what we have come to expect from Princess. The dancing was great, I am constantly amazed how they can do those moves on a stage that rocks with the waves.

As stated, the piano guy in crooners was a huge hit. They should maybe move him to one of the larger lounges as the crowd blocks the hallway and folding chairs are less than comfortable.

We were on the repositioning cruise to Houston and I thought the singers in the production shows were not up to what we have come to expect from Princess. The dancing was great, I am constantly amazed how they can do those moves on a stage that rocks with the waves.

As stated, the piano guy in crooners was a huge hit. They should maybe move him to one of the larger lounges as the crowd blocks the hallway and folding chairs are less than comfortable.

Same cruise. I thought 3 of the 4 main singers were great. There's usually one from each set who doesn't meet my expectations.

On the backstage tour they told us that the groups of singers actually rotate between ships, so those onboard then might not be a month later.

On the repositioning cruise we also had Steve Moris. His first show was really funny but the 2nd, featuring more music, was not very good.

Same cruise. I thought 3 of the 4 main singers were great. There's usually one from each set who doesn't meet my expectations.

On the backstage tour they told us that the groups of singers actually rotate between ships, so those onboard then might not be a month later.

On the repositioning cruise we also had Steve Moris. His first show was really funny but the 2nd, featuring more music, was not very good.

I agree and was on the same cruise. I found the music at the production shows was "off tempo" for lack of a better word. It all sounded the same. went to first 2 and skipped the rest. There's always something going on so not to worry.

We just got off the CB. Hereis the breakdown:

• Original Productions

Born to be wild was a pretty good show. I thought they had some great music, but it is typical "Princess". Caribbean Caliente was the better show.

• Movies Under the Stars

Cozy-up on a lounge chair with complimentary popcorn as you take in a movie, sporting event or concert like you’ve never experienced before. Shows being featured during your sailing on our 300 square foot outdoor screen include:

We only watched "Dirty Dancing" on the MUTS...

• Guest Entertainers

At Princess, we invite some of the world’s best entertainers – including comedians, magicians and guest singers – onboard to delight our guests. Here’s a few on your upcoming cruise:

We saw him on the Coral last year. He is great. He often does two shows that have different material.

Hawley Magic: Hawley Magic was mostly recently seen on America’s Got Talent. Out of 75,000 acts they were chosen to perform live on primetime TV in the finals. They are a husband and wife team that have performed together around the world for the past ten years.

We thought They were great. Pretty amazing. The only thing I rolled my eyes at was the clip from the TV show with all the hyped up drama-"they are doing this live on TV .....she could break her back.....ooo the tension...:roll eyes:

They did the same trick live, on stage, on a rolling ship-with no problems. Amazing.....but no overly dramatic hype....

Edited by AKman2495

The only show I did catch was the magic show and I thought it was super cheesy and dated. I could only manage about 10-15 mins and we walked out. We always stand in the very back bc we leave shows quite often. Heck even Cirque shoes in Vegas aren't that amazing to me. Since I was in the back I saw many other leave also. Anyway, I found the magic show dated due to the seen that done a ton of times tricks before and the 90s music, Metallica and Powerman 5000, etc. I guess it's edgy for an older crowd? But for me it seemed very dorky. Reminded me of Gob on Arrested Development.