Balcony cabin configuration

Does anyone else wonder why RCCL seems to be the only cruise line that puts the bed by the window and the sitting area near the the corridor door? Personally I would prefer to have the sofa close to the outside.

I believe they do this because the vanity is in a fixed location (nearest to the bathroom), and if the bed is across from the vanity, there would be very little space between them. A JS stateroom has the configuration you mention, and so do Oasis and Allure in half the balcony staterooms.

Edited by clarea

Does anyone else wonder why RCCL seems to be the only cruise line that puts the bed by the window and the sitting area near the the corridor door? Personally I would prefer to have the sofa close to the outside.

We have been in 3 different balcony rooms on the Grandeur of the Seas. All 3 had the sitting area by the balcony. Bed was as soon as you came in - right past the bathroom.

i drive my cabin staff crazy - drag the stool by the makeup area outside to use as a mini table or footstool, they drag it back - last cruise, they only brought it inside and left it by the door, they knew I would take it back out again!

Much further to drag it when the bed is by the door!!

If they would give us lounge chairs instead of uncomfortable chair only - would not have that problem.

i like the bed by the door - love to have the door open a crack and see the sea!! when I have a glass partician - hard to do with the metal older ships!

And,with the bed by the window, I feel I have more space to move around, but either way works, as long as I am on a cruise!!!