Colonial Antigua past and present with Celebrity

picture

Cannot speak to your specific tour, but we were just in Antiqua about 3 weeks ago on a Veendam cruise and found a lot to like about Antigua. We were part of a group of 12 who did a private excursion, but DW and I jumped off the tour for about an hour (we later met up with our group at the Parque Centrale) and browsed the shops and grabbed a bite to eat. I later mentioned to our guide that if they could somehow move the city of Antigua to a location near the sea (and a decent beach) we would return for a vacation.

The US State Department does not seem to have a high opinion of Guatemala when it comes to tourism and says this is a dangerous country. But we did not see anything in the city to cause us any concern.

Hank

Cannot speak to your specific tour, but we were just in Antiqua about 3 weeks ago on a Veendam cruise and found a lot to like about Antigua. We were part of a group of 12 who did a private excursion, but DW and I jumped off the tour for about an hour (we later met up with our group at the Parque Centrale) and browsed the shops and grabbed a bite to eat. I later mentioned to our guide that if they could somehow move the city of Antigua to a location near the sea (and a decent beach) we would return for a vacation.

The US State Department does not seem to have a high opinion of Guatemala when it comes to tourism and says this is a dangerous country. But we did not see anything in the city to cause us any concern.

Hank

That is one of my concerns safety.